Asking for feedback on our store

2 0 1

Hi, we've invented a new product that sells well in person but our online sales are lousy.  Would appreciate your comments! TYIA.  www.Pix-Pad.com

Hey @Brian064,

Congratulations on launching your store! Although online sales may be lousy right now, I want to encourage you that you made a great decision getting online. Especially with everything going on in the world right now, it's great to have a store that can be open 24/7, 365 days a year.

I can tell you've done some work on you SEO which is GREAT! To go a bit deeper with that I'd recommend using "Keywords Everywhere" to find out which keywords would be best for you. We did a video on the topic of SEO which I'd recommend giving a watch as well:

I think for your type of product, marketing is going to be key. It's a very unique product so I think creating a short video of all of it's uses would be a great idea to educate potential customers on what it can do and then sharing that video on your social pages. Since you say you are getting sales offline, perhaps you could reach out to these gift shops that are currently carrying your product and ask if they would be willing to post your video on their Facebook or Instagram page. Other than that, I'd recommend getting creative with your marketing - take a look at some of your competitors and see what content is working for them. Make sure to check out IG Reels as well.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: Make sure to grab your FREE Christmas store banners & pop-up’s!

Free-Christmas-Graphics.png

You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
235 41 149

Hey there, @Brian064!  

Welcome to Shopify and congrats on the store. You have a great product, and it’s time to turn those sales around. 

I see you have Lucky Orange installed on your store, which puts you ahead of the e-commerce game. As one of the founders, I know a thing (or 2,000) about it, and I’m excited to show you how to use it to grow your website and business.

First, the easy details to fix:

• Add a favicon
  • I would move the review pop-up. Before someone scrolls down on desktop, it covers part of your hero image.

Now let’s dive into the homepage

• Hero image: I like your hero image quality, but I’m not a fan of multiple hero images. Your layout is awesome, but is it helping the consumer? Open a heatmap and segment it by your behavior tag to see who is clicking on those other images. Because your product is so straightforward, you may not need them all.
  • General text overview: I like that you’ve kept a lot of your text concise. My biggest concern is that you may not be giving the details that your visitors want to have. I would run a poll to ask them for what they’re looking for.  Trigger the poll to launch only if someone engages with your products. 
  • Layout: You have a fantastic layout in that you don’t add excessive amounts of information. Use your heatmap to see where they are leaving your page and what they are seeing. Compare that to all visitors, those who did add to the cart/check out and those who didn’t. 
  • About Us: I like this feature. It adds a personal side to your store which is absolutely great. I would simplify it though. The philosophy, for example, isn’t important to visitors. Also, I wouldn’t say “Diane.” I would say, “my wife Diane…” because it’s not clear who Diane is. 

Footer

• Main concern: Make sure there is consistency. I noticed in your FAQ that you mention your brand as both PixPad and Pix-Pad. Be consistent throughout your site. 
  • Newsletter: Get rid of the default messaging and add some value to it. Why would someone want to get your newsletter? Do they get a discount? Free shipping? 
  • FAQ: As you get more traffic, use a heatmap to see which questions get more traffic. You can also watch session recordings for more details. There is room here to grow it even more. For example, “I received my PixPad and saw that the leg in back folds up rather than down. Why?” could be turned into its own page on how to set it up in those different positions. 
  • Find a store: My only complaint is that you aren’t in Kansas (where Lucky Orange is headquartered). This is fantastic for visitors who want to pick up your product in the store. You may want to look at ways to track visitors who visit your online site and then buy it online, such as through a printable coupon. 
  • Missing pages: About Us (expand your homepage feature), Shipping policy, Returns policy, Privacy policy, Terms of Service, etc. are needed. 
  • Communication: You need a Contact Us page! Also, don’t forget about the chat. It comes with your Lucky Orange account, so why not use it? It can double as an away form when you aren’t available.

Main Navigation

• This is where I think you could do a lot of work. My guess is that most people are using your CTA buttons above the fold to get to your products. Use a heatmap and session recordings to find out. 
  • The hamburger menu is confusing. I would change Catalog to Shop All instead. From there, I just am confused. Are only moms going to be interested? Are all stands not decorated? It’s also not clear that it’s USA-themed stands and Tennessee-themed stands. 
  • Think of it like a visitor. Run a poll (I’m a big poll fan) to see what designs they are interested in. I would use Home | Shop All | Shop by holiday | Shop by design to keep it simple. 
  • At some point, you may want to consider opening into other designs, like sports teams or other states. 
  • You don’t need your footer links in your hamburger menu. Again, use your heatmap to see if it’s getting clicks. 

Collection Pages

• Add a filter, especially in your Catalog/Shop All. You can open it up for holidays, designs, etc. 

Product Pages

• Link to your shipping information, especially any costs. If you can make it into a flat shipping rate, you’re going to be even better.
  • Is there any reason why you restate the “Our most popular all-in-one tablet stand / phone stand / picture frame” on the Blue Floral page? I like that you’ve customized it, but it adds so much extra text. Instead, could you not do something like, “Our most popular design” or something similar?
  • There’s more missing information like care instructions and how to use it. Knowing how to adjust the stand would be very helpful here. 

You’ve put in a ton of work here, and it shows. I know that visitor behavior can make all the difference. If you need any assistance at all, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I see that you’ve already had the 15-minute onboarding call with our team, but I know sometimes more questions can come up. Again, let me know! 

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
2 0 1

HI Danny,

Thanks for the detailed take! That will really help.

I love Lucky Orange and use it every day.

Brian

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
466 46 154

Hi @Brian064,

Have seen your site, and have some suggestions for you: 

- You need to add CTA buttons here. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1606791150633.png

- Those sections which are related to products should be moved up. The video can be moved down. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1606791183741.png

- Have seen your Instagram account, and it has so much good content and many beautiful product photos. I think you can have an Instagram gallery to show your Instagram content. 

If you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create an amazing gallery for your site. 

- On your product pages, you should add:

+ Sticky Add to Cart bar

+ The Buy Now button 

+ In the future, when you have more than one type of product, you can have more Upsell and Cross-sell methods. Like product bundles.

- If in the future, you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2097 117 381

Hello @Brian064, I hope you are doing good! the store looks good. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add policies in the footer menu. It must include privacy, shipping, returns & refund policy.

- You need to work on the product page. The section shown in the screenshot looks quite cluttered. Display all the images of the same & standard size. It should be not too big and not too small. 

Screenshot (56).png 

Add some eCommerce marketing tools to drive more online conversions. Below are some quick tips:

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Add reviews on the homepage.

Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

- Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.

- Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
844 21 243

Hi @Brian064 !

Add a favicon

Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes