Asking for some feedback on my first ever store please!

Excursionist
46 0 2

Hi Everyone!

Great to e-meet you all! 

Im very excited to have opened my first ever e-commerce store. Im selling all types of statement jewellery and accessories.

I have a lot of work to do on building my brand and online presence, but i am getting views on the website which is great! I haven't had anybody 'Add to cart' yet though (not so great)...but the website has only been live for 4 days. 

Id really appreciate any feedback and/or advice you might have to help me out. 

Thank you so much, 

Aneesha

(www.devti.co.uk)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
46 0 2

Hiya, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look and provide such detailed thoughts!

Ill action all of these points, I did originally have a star rated review on each product on the website, but since i don't have any sales yet, i was worried it would be more of a deterrent to buy...do you think its worth putting something up now or waiting a little while?

ill for sure take a look at your app today! 

Best wishes, 

Aneesha 

www.devti.co.uk

0 Likes
Highlighted

I would pick a better theme that shows off your product in a more luxury way.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. Also make it shorter overall and make sure you have a consistent theme and design across the homepage

3. I would delay the email popup to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
46 0 2

Thank you so much for all the advice Duane! 

I'm in the middle of actioning all of your suggestions (bar changing the theme, this one is going to take me a bit longer! but thank you for letting me know!)

Best wishes, 

Aneesha 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
487 26 98

Hi @Aneesha1 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

An important thing I couldn't find is an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

Did you think about adding a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Also I noticed that you don't have a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

After carefully reviewing I don't see reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
311 35 60

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store and have some feedback based on my own experience on the site. You've done a great job on it so far!

Landing Page

• Personally, I never like being prompted to accept browser notifications from a store I've never visited before. I really feel this should either be delayed or removed as it's quite spammy. Particularly because you also have a 10% off popup, and a cookie banner. You should perhaps consider which popups are most important for a new customer.  
  • I think adding a logo would really add to the branding value of the store. Have you considered getting a logo designed? We have a free logo generator here.  
  • The landing should showcase more product and model photography, along with a little more information about the business. It's also the ideal place to have a few testimonials from previous customers about how good your products are. This might help with conversions. 

Product Pages

• Again, I'm getting bombarded with a popup telling me to sign up for browser notifications. At this stage, if I was a customer, I'd be gone. 
  • The product photography is gorgeous, and the descriptions are very well written. 

• You should also consider creating an About Us page for your business, detailing your mission statement and what makes you different from other boutiques. You can read about how to make a persuasive About Us here

Marketing

• You mention you are getting some traffic, that's great. What is your current marketing strategy? If you give us a little outline about how you are currently marketing the business we might be able to suggest some alternative ideas! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
46 0 2

Hi Cal!

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my website!

i couldnt see a browser pop up when i tested the site (i guess i have them blocked), but i deleted a couple of apps to clean up the amount of info which was popping up so hopefully it was tied to one of those and its gone now! I did contact shopify support (who were lovely) but they couldnt see anything...ill carry on trying to investigate that one!

Added the logo! I actually hadnt before because i couldnt get it to look right with the slideshow on the front page (but i think i have found a way around that!)

Ill try to get some more product photography on the homepage - do you have any suggestions as to how though? Im worried about the page looking crammed. Once I have instagram and facebook set up ill have them at the bottom - maybe that will help? 

In the middle of putting an about me together now - its harder than i thought it would be! but its on the horizon!

Truthfully, I really do need to get going with all marketing...but im planning on instagram, facebook, pinterest for sure. Do you have anything which could help here?

Thank you again!

Aneesha 

www.devti.co.uk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
311 35 60

I would always suggest testing your store on a separate browser that has had its cache completely cleared, this will give you an idea of what it looks like for first-time customers, including popups. 

The logo is looking great! Think of the landing page as a portal to the rest of your store: it should introduce your business, its mission statement, introduce key products and promotions, and have a little feedback from other customers that have used and loved your service. 

In terms of developing a marketing strategy, we have a really useful guide here. Before choosing where to market your products it's important to write out a great marketing plan in advance. 

Best of luck with it! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes