Back again! A second critique of our store please

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Hello, 

After some amazing help last time I thought I would come back again for people to review our store and give us some honest, constructive feedback again. We have worked on everything people previously said. Before I even consider pouring more money into Google and Facebook ads, I thought I would come you first. Thank you in advance. 

Pet Travel Store - Travfurler.com Travfurler.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
34 1 11

Hey @Travel111, I hope you are doing fine!

Congratulations on your store!

Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score on WooRank and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales. 

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps you achieve your goals. 

Good luck with the store.

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @...

After checking your store, PageFly would like to have some comments on your Homepage:

Sticky header and announcement bar: making those elements sticky would help customers find the main menu easier. They don't need to scroll up to the top every time anymore.

The search bar: the full search bar with input would be more visible to visitors. Many customers will need this feature to search on your online store.

Banner: you can add more slides to the slideshow banner to give customers different impressions and information when landing on the Homepage. An attractive heading and CTA would be useful to redirect customers to the landing page that you want. The banner has a problem with the size, it is too big, but the CTA and Heading are small. 

The two next sections: on the next section, you can add a CTA under the paragraph to make use of the space. The Cat and Dog images are clickable, but the mouse's effect when hovering is not noticeable enough. Showing the second images when hovered could be an effective solution; it also provides customers more information about the product.

PageFly_0-1605445328429.png

This section has an excellent background video. The recommended elements here are Heading and a bigger CTA.

PageFly_1-1605445328430.png

In this section, you can replace the More Details button with the Buy Now or Add-to-Cart button; it can shorten the customer journey. 

PageFly_2-1605445328431.png

Social proof section: The testimonials/reviews section can boost the credibility of your store and brand; customers may get more information about your brand from those reviews.

Pop-Up: A combination of Pop-up and a reasonable offer can help you get the customer email. You can prepare an email marketing campaign from this list.

Product images: Using the stock images for the products would make customers doubt your store's credibility. To prove the origin of the product, also making customers feel safer, you can take the product pictures by yourself, even on your pet. 

That are some of PageFly’s opinions on the store. Please hit like and mark solution if you find them useful.

Goodluck on your store!!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
753 17 209

Hi @Travel111 !

Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
753 17 209

Hi @Travel111 !

Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1467 74 248

Hello @Travel111, I hope you are doing well! the store looks great. Here are some suggestions:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add a loyalty program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Chatbot- You should welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations, and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.

- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Thank you. We have taken on your advice and started cleaning up descriptions and the meta descriptions on 70% of products but still a chunk to go. We also got Woorank which pointed to the meta description issues you mentioned so thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Sticky header and announcement bar: making those elements sticky would help customers find the main menu easier. They don't need to scroll up to the top every time anymore.

This is a great suggestion and I don't think it is possible in Gempages unfortunately. I think to move to Page Fly would be too tricky now too. 

The search bar: the full search bar with input would be more visible to visitors. Many customers will need this feature to search on your online store.

Again another good suggestion but I dont think it is something gempages can do.

Banner: you can add more slides to the slideshow banner to give customers different impressions and information when landing on the Homepage. An attractive heading and CTA would be useful to redirect customers to the landing page that you want. The banner has a problem with the size, it is too big, but the CTA and Heading are small. 

We have really re-worked the home page since your last comment. 

The two next sections: on the next section, you can add a CTA under the paragraph to make use of the space. The Cat and Dog images are clickable, but the mouse's effect when hovering is not noticeable enough. Showing the second images when hovered could be an effective solution; it also provides customers more information about the product.

Dog and cat images are gone as we have now -reworked the home page but we took on board that more CTA's were needed. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Thank you for the advice. We have now-reworked the homepage and added about us and link to our journey right under the main feature image. 

We do have one linked from our menu and yes agree about SEO, thanks.

A good point and one to consider, I will look into this.

Thank you and a good point we will look into

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

Thank you, based on this comment we re-designed the homepage. I would appreciate further feedback from you on this!

- Add a loyalty program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Good points and noted!

Chatbot- You should welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations, and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.

We do have live chat - maybe we were just no online at the time. It is a real chat and not a bot though.

- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product.

Again, a good point and we will look at referrals thank you!

0 Likes