Bad conversion rate..

Solved
eskimojewelry
Excursionist
23 2 2

Hello.

I've been working a lot on building my brand and webshop and I'm receiving approx. 100 visitors to my website and around 75 likes on instagram posts daily. I feel like my conversion rate is very low since I've only had a couple of orders.  I'm not that concerned since I've only recently launched and I'm still in the progress of building my brand, but I would love to hear some feedback/criticism to point me in the right way. 

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/eskimojewelry/

Thank you!!

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there eskimojewelry -

You’ve put in a lot of effort! I really like the look of your store - the black really pops.

Word of warning though: When I move from your homepage to other pages, your logo only has a red outline. It blends into the background and almost looks like a mistake. I would just leave it as your full red logo.

Right off the bat, I would recommend a few things:

• Add a favicon
  • Make it easier to read your text; right now the text size and font are a bit hard to read. 
  • Make sure your social accounts open in a new tab
  • Even if shipping is free, make sure people know that. If I’m on a product page and scroll to the product, I don’t see that there’s free shipping anymore. Make sure it stands out. 
  • For Jewelry care, I would treat it like a FAQ page and break it into sections instead of block text. Make it easier to read. 

Homepage
From your homepage, I like your CTA. I’m not sure your header image is selling me on jewelry though. For length, it feels a little long.

Do you use a heatmap tool? Heatmaps show you where people click and how far they scroll. I would be curious if people are clicking on your homepage below the fold or if they jump to the products. 

At the bottom of your homepage, I was confused by your instagram feed. Because there’s no indication that it’s your feed, it looks really out of place. I don’t think it’s necessary to have it on your homepage. 

Navigation
Just like you can use heatmaps to analyze your homepage, you can use it to look at your menu bar as well. While it looks good on the surface, it feels redundant. What’s the purpose of Collections when you already have Necklaces, Bracelets and Rings on the menu bar?

What if instead you had a filter in each collection to sort by Most Popular, On Sale or Highest Rated. Click heatmaps could show you if you should consolidate to Collections, removing Necklaces, Bracelets and Rings from your main menu. OR it could tell you that you need to rename Collections as “All Products” or take it altogether. 

I would watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see where people get tripped up. Are they not finding the right product? Are they having a browser issue? Session recordings would help you see. 

Product pages
I wish more stores had your layout for product information. Your size guide is easy to use and refer to. My only suggestion is to add a review request for your customers in their purchase confirmation email to get those reviews going.

Contact
I like that you have a contact page, and I really like that all of your links are actually linked. That’s just not enough though. You need a live chat on your site, too. 

Live chat lets your customers ask questions and get answers while they are still on your site. Instead of emailing you and waiting for a reply, they can get immediate answers to issues that may be stopping them from checking out. It’s a win/win for everyone - your customers are happier because they can get their questions answered, and you’re happier because you made a sale.

In the end, it really comes down to your customers and understanding how they use your website. Their behavior dictates everything. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. It may be worth a try.

Good luck! Your website has so much potential, and I can’t wait to see how it grows.

Cheers -
Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @eskimojewelry ,

Congratulations on your store. Nice collection! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. The logo is not easily visible in pages other than the Home page. You can make the logo look similar in all pages.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section in the Home page to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

5. Add a form in Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

6. The Size, Length, Quantity section in the product page is not looking good. You can properly align that section.

7. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.

8. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

9. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add pages like About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc to the footer.

10. Use the same font for the whole website. 

11. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

12. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 3 results indexed by Google. But your website has 59+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). Doing SEO once is virtually useless. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce

Conversion rate is sometimes dependant on where your traffic is from. If the 100 visitors are not your target audience, then they are not supposed to buy from your store.

To solve this problem with traffic, I suggest you:

• Install Google Analytics codes to your website to track where your traffic is from
  • Focus on relevant channel to target the right audience.

Regarding your store design, I suggest you add secondary hover image into each items that are being featured on your homepage. This allows people to hover and view your products in more details, which make it easier to evaluate the items and encourage them to click to view the product page.

One last thing, from a visitor's point of view, I don't think the all-black background is a good idea. The black-white contrast somehow hurts my eyes, and the products images seems to sink into the background.

The images are all in high quality, so I suggest you use the original background of the images.

For example, this one looks more real and more comfortable.04:14-06.png

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Your store looks excellent, and your product images are high quality, perfect.

Consider optimizing your hero image further - add a short tagline [3-4 words] describing the product in the picture in more detail - this way the visitors will know right away what you are offering:

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 15.32.06.png

This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].

Social media - make sure to open the icons on your website in new tabs, so you don’t lose valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser

Here are a few guides that might help:

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

eskimojewelry
Excursionist
23 2 2

Hello LuckyDanny,

Thank you so much for your time reviewing the store!

- The logo thing I did on purpose but I understand how it looks like a mistake, I'll keep the full red logo! 

- Favicon in the making 

- I will try other fonts to see if that enhances readability. I might even change the black background but I don't want to start off with that since I like the look it gives. 

- Social accounts now open in a new tab. 

- I'll need to find a way to show the 'free shipping' label on the product page.

- For Jewelry care page I was thinking to do it like you mentioned but I didn't/don't really know how to implement a FAQ style box. I'll see what I can find.

- New header image coming soon. 

- I'm changing the 'Collections' to 'All products' in the menu header. ✓

- Currently not really sure how to edit my automatic e-mails but I'll look into it.

- Adding a contact form to the Contact us page soon.

- I will look into Lucky Orange, thank you for suggesting it to me. It seems that it is what I need.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
eskimojewelry
Excursionist
23 2 2

Hello MansionEcom,

Thank you very much for your time and your compliments!

1. I will make the logo look similar in all pages. 

2. 'New Arrivals' section will be added soon. 

3. Testimonials sounds good, I will have to figure which app does that for me.

4. Reviews under products. ✓

5. Form in the Contact us page will be added soon. 

6. I will figure out how to properly align the Size, Length and Quantity boxes. ✓

7. Favicon in the making.

8. About us page coming soon.

9. About Us, Privacy policy, Terms of Service will be added to the footer menu.

10. Same font will be used, I'm going to test different fonts to enhance readability.

11. Discounts added. ✓

12. Email subscription box added. ✓

13. Regarding the flare check and the ranking I'm not really sure what those are. I'm guessing it has something to do with how easily people can find my store online?I will look into the app you mentioned! 

Thank you very much

0 Likes
eskimojewelry
Excursionist
23 2 2

Hello victorbui,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

1. I am learning how can I improve the target audience I'm promoting my ads to currently so that I target an audience who are more likely to purchase jewelry.

2. I will look into Google Analytics. Right now I am using Facebook's Pixel, are they the same? According to the Pixel about 80% of my visitors are redirected from Instagram (which makes sense since I am much more active on IG than on FB or anywhere else.

3. Regarding the hover product image, I've added that on my to do list. Need to figure out how to do that.

4. I did the black website background to try and make the site look more elegant and simpel, but I can see how the contrast can hurt the eye. I will experiment with using product images that have their original background (also saves me a lot of time removing backgrounds and adding reflections). I hope it looks good because honestly I want to keep the black background because of the look it gives, so I will have to figure out how to reduce the sharp contrasts and make it easier to look at.

Thank you kindly!!

0 Likes
eskimojewelry
Excursionist
23 2 2

Hi there Maggie!

Thank you so much for your time and also the compliments! I appreciate it a lot.

1. I will definitely spend some taking on the hero image, editing the current one or design a new one, and also adding in a short tagline.

2. The social media buttons now open in a new tab. 

3. I will read/view the guides and the website you suggested, thank you very much for this.

Kind regards,

Eskimojewelry

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hey - happy to help! If you need a hand with anything, just email me at maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Stay safe!