Been testing for about a month

Tourist
4 0 0

I have been getting 8-40 visits to my website using $5 instagram ads but zero sales so far. I would like some feedback on my store cause I probably missed something.

If this was your store what would you advertise and which audience? I suspect that I'm getting the wrong traffic but I can't say for sure. I tried going for 15-18  age range and I also went for 18-60 making sure the reach is between 150k-700k people but no luck. I advertised in groups of 3 in specific categories like 3 shirts for 3 days then 3 headphones for the next 3 days and so on. I also tried 10 different products that I think would be the best but that only got me visits but no conversions.

I really need some advice so I can get some sales cause I'm considering shutting it down and save some cash.

Heroicmode.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
70 6 12

Hey, @Imphie!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I'm happy that you're asking great questions in this post. I'd be happy to help offer some tips to guide you in the right direction.

You've got a great start to your site. Many times, business owners feel that their site appearance and details on it are what make or break their profitability. This isn't the case most of the time. It is a combination of a small part on-site appearance and a large chunk being the marketing and business plan. To help you out a bit in the areas that you're hoping for some feedback, let's start with the aesthetics.

Site Feedback on Aesthetics

You have a solid foundation for your site. The brand is developing and you have a good idea of where you're placing sections. Here are a few tips that might help you a bit further:

• Make sure that the font you use on your site is a color that is easy on the eyes, accessibility is a major factor in bounce rates being high on sites.

alt

• Be sure to also add your links to your social media profiles, this is important for building your returning customer or loyal customer base.

• Consumers will buy into a brand before they buy into a product, this is where you can create a great 300-word page dedicated to your brand, an "About Us". This page will help you with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as well as building brand recognition as you grow.

alt

Marketing and Business Plans

This is where the biggest success will come from and should be the major focus for most of your revenue-generating efforts. I've outlined some tips that can help based on the information that you provided:

• Check your Analytics tab frequently!
    • Look for your Add-to-Cart conversion to reach 8-10% - This means that you're targeting the right customer, less means that you'll need to make an adjustment to your targeting.
    • Aim for a 2-3% conversion for purchases, this is a healthy rate that shows good steady sales revenue.

• Your current target audience isn't an age that would normally use credit cards or be eligible to have them to make online purchases.
    • Target ages 22-35 to start, they will have credit cards and have the expendable income to purchase gaming accessories.
    • Layer multiple interests for these audiences, not everyone in that age range will be interested in the products so spend your marketing dollars only on those people who have interests in gaming and other related areas.
    • Gender is a factor as well - Keep your ad sets separate when targeting female or male audiences, they will respond differently to ads.

• Try not to run "boosted" ads as this will generally only target audiences that you already have following you.

• Keep your ads on for a week to get a good sense of whether they are converting or not.
    • Generally, try to start with Add to Cart or View Content pixel events for your ads to not overspend on purchase ads that are not optimized yet.
    • After a week turn off any ads that are showing a Click Through Rate (CTR) of less than 1.5% (depending on the product and audience).

That was quite a bit of information, but this might help get you pointed in the right direction. 

Let me know if that helped! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
5 0 0

Hi Imphie

0 Likes

Hi @Imphie 

If you love it you should keep working on it. If you don't might be time to close down. 

Here is few suggestions 

Home Page: Needs to flow better 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( Something Interesting ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) 

Main Menu: Need to clean this up a little 

• Home 
  • Products ( Drop Down To Collections ) 
  • Blog ( build a connection with visitors ) 
  • About 
  • Contact 

I'll also email you something that should really help you. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

1 Like
Explorer
61 2 5

I think you have a problem with brand trust. I suggest you use Nextsale app. This app uses social proof&urgency tools to raise trust. When you install it, visitors will see the real comments of purchasers in the below of your site. This will create trust in your products. So, people will not afraid to buy or use your services. The pricing system is so affordable here. You can use it for free for 14 days after it you will transfer it to a paid version or stay in free one with limitation within days.  

Try the link below, install it for free and increase conversion with reducing bounces! Good luck with your store! 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

@Clayton_Bates  Thanks for taking the time to record a response to help with my problem. I had taken some steps to gain more customer trust and will make more changes to my site structure. Very nice of you :D

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

@Lilith I appreciate the very detailed answer. I will definitely study the links you have provided me. The blog on how to make a business plan was a very interesting read. My notebook is ready! Looks like I have some studying to do.

Thanks, I can now take a step in the right direction.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
70 6 12

Of course, @Imphie Happy to help anytime!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

@Imphie wrote:

@Clayton_Bates  Thanks for taking the time to record a response to help with my problem. I had taken some steps to gain more customer trust and will make more changes to my site structure. Very nice of you :D

Hi @Imphie 

No dramas at all I love doing them. If you ever want to bounce some ideas of me just shoot me a email. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes
Trailblazer
361 21 88

Hi Imphie,

Your store looks really beautiful and have decent products . I reviewed your store and I would suggest you to improve few things to become more user friendly as it builds additional level of trust with the customer , here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily . With a little patience and some tips, you can reach good amount of sales.

1. In the UI part, Move about us to the new page and save some space by placing social links there .
  2. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  3. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  4. Taking someone to the cart is a challenge. So to make them buy from your site, add a longer product description as it leads to better SEO ranking in google search.  Ref article from shopify
  5. For better quality traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisement from the popular app Kit .  Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee,  Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  6. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  7. You can convert more traffic into qualified leads and customers from the app. SiteKit fast-tracks your business growth by turning visitors into subscribers and customers with lead generation campaigns and high-converting tools.
  8. Checkout Boost let you increase checkouts and prevent cart abandonment . Incentivise customers with irresistible offers that boost your checkout rate by 25%+.
  9. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty https://heroicmode.com/search?q= . You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  10. Lastly, You have over 50 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes