Before you spend $$$$ on ads, make sure your store looks professional and trustworthy!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

I think this is great information!

www.aarondavoe.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
2 0 1

@AriaThe suggestions in the post are worth a million dollars. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello Aria

Great info!!

about the image editor..are there 2 versions? because on my plan I have only the crop option. nothing else

thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 20 196

Hey, @vivacart!

There is only one version of the image editor but it did change at one point. You can find the instructions for it here.

If you can't get it to work as expected, please contact Shopify Support so we can authenticate you and investigate the issue. 

Thank you!

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

recommended expense on top of another expenses.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

The questions is, can shopify store owners build a successful e-commerce website without ads? Or you categorize owners who doesn't pay for ads and blcok their content to receive traffic and sales??

0 Likes
Highlighted

@TaurianBelle wrote:

The questions is, can shopify store owners build a successful e-commerce website without ads? Or you categorize owners who doesn't pay for ads and blcok their content to receive traffic and sales??

It's possible to get lots of sales organically but its a lot of work. I've personally done around million dollars in revenue organically from countless hours. Some of my top clients do most of there revenue through organic traffic from Instagram. 

Is it the best way to make money ? Probably not it all comes down to how much time do you have to see results ? 

Hope that helps 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 20 196

Hey, @TaurianBelle!

I agree with Clayton. You can absolutely drive traffic to your store without paid ads but it's a lot of work and it very much depends on what you're selling and who your target audience is.

The stores who manage this best have built a community around their brand. An example of a brand who does this well would be luxxcurves.com. The owner is public about the fact her brand is on Shopify so I'm sure she won't mind the free plug. 😉  They sell waist trainers. They have instructional video's on YouTube (which they also monetise with ads), they have a support group on Facebook with over 22,873 members (who essentially provide customer support for each other, reducing the amount of support the company has to provide) as well as 11,649 followers on their Facebook page, 36.1k followers on Instagram and 164k YouTube subscribers. The owner, Tatiana is pretty open about how she built her business. You can watch this video if you're interested in hearing her speak about it in an interview.

Here are a few ideas on how you can drive traffic without paid ads: 

• Build an email list and send regular emails. The easiest way to build your list of subscribers is to give them something for free, such as a digital download related to your brand. This blog post has more ideas.
  • Work on your SEO. This won't bring you traffic overnight but it's a great long-term strategy.
  • Start a blog for your store. This gives potential customers another reason to come to your website besides your products and it will improve your SEO.
  • Another great long-term strategy is Pinterest marketing. It's common for people to pin products and buy them months or even years later.
  • Instagram marketing can also be done for free. It does take time. It works best if you search for accounts related to your niche and comment on their photo's. They need to be genuine, engaging comments. You should always respond to comments your followers leave on your account. Running a contest to encourage followers to tag friends can also increase your follower count.
  • An option that takes a lot more effort to set up but can create an additional income stream through ads is a YouTube Channel.

Make sure you sign up for the free courses on Shopify Compass. Courses include Instagram Marketing, Email Marketing, SEO and more.

Hopefully, some more people on the thread can jump in with some free traffic ideas. I'd love to hear all of your suggestions.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello

The feedback I would like to give Shopify is this....I hired a Shopify Third party person to set up a second website which was never fully completed and operational.  I have been trying to get a call back from Shopify for 3 days without success.  When I contact you on social media, all you do is send me the call back link that is not working.  When I email a guru, they email the call back link that is not working.  My website went live on 20th June and has stopped working completely and I am losing business because I cannot get anyone at shopify to call me.

Covid or not, I have never seen such bad response to me trying to save my business.

That is my feedback on Shopify, would I ever recommend you guys to anyone, absolutely NOT.

Blessings

Wilhelmina

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Thank you for taking the time to post this!

Hype Unity is an ecommerce brand that sells high quality custom hip hop jewelry.
1 Like