Begging for feedback

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey all, 

I would really like feedback. I have a store which I have as ready to go, however all sessions are over very quickly. is there anything I can do to improve? I have went for quite a minimal look. 

www.tappingaway.co.uk

thanks, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 68 102

Hi, @TappingAway!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Congratulations on your store, you have done a great job. What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising? I know you said the sessions don't last too long but are you noticing much traffic to your store?

The first thing that I always look at with new stores is the product descriptions. While your products are well curated you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need these products? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I noticed that you have an About Us page in your footer, however, it is very vague. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! I would move this page to the main menu along with your contact us page as customers like to see this when they first visit a store, especially a new store. It helps to generate trust which is the most important factor for new stores. 

Have you made a social media page for your products yet? If so, then be sure to link all your pages to Shopify and to add the social icons to the footer of your store so customers can find them easily.

Other than those little things, your store looks great. Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can! 

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey there,

Thank you for the quick reply! I really appreciate you going through my website. 

I have been paying for marketing on Instagram, with my username as @TappingAway - I have also tried on facebook but after paying £40 or so, I still got very little interaction with the site. 

I am now currently paying Instagram accounts to promote my store, with still very little success. I haven't had my first buy yet, and cannot see the light.

I will update my about us, thank you.

On my products it doesn't really have specifications, it does have slogans and small descriptions on them.  do these need to be improved? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1504 93 331

Hey TappingAway,

After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Favicon is missing.
  2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.
  3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.
  4. Please add some blogs for better clarity.
  5. Also, You have around 29 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.

Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 0
hi thank you I will try your recommendation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1033 50 154

The home page should be visually pleasing and must attract appropriate and potential visitors to your site. In order to capture the immense attention of your visitors, try to add some of these following points in your homepage-
Slideshow Image
Collection List
Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page )
Newsletter Sign Up
Popular Products ( 4-8 Max )
You can add a slider of images and add featured products to it. Also, you can add video for top-selling products to make it more creative and interactive.

Get a logo. A well-designed logo will increase your overall brand recognition. This means that your customers will be able to create an instant connection between your products/services and your brand. The logo will help in brand recognition.

Use a favicon. Favicons are the little piece of graphic that represents your brand on browser tabs, bookmark lists, search history, search ads, and even search results. It helps with Branding, easy identification by a user (usability feature), Gives a professional look to the site.

Besides that, there is no engagement in your store. It is very vital for you to capture and captivate your visitors. Lack of engagement will increase your bounce rate and eventually lead to no sales. You need to work on the customer engagement part. I will suggest you add pop-ups, chatbots, reviews, and other marketing tools along with the newsletter to increase the traffic on a daily basis on your website. Also, increasing customer engagement will make your website more interactive which will help you in conversions and retaining your customers.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11

So your issue is that you have a lot of bounces on your shop. This can have some reasons as you´re getting your traffic by paid marketing.

1. It could be possible that what you advertise doesn´t meet the expectation of your visitor - If you only attract unqualified traffic with your marketing then you should take a closer look at that: Does your advertising match what you sell or not? If you want feedback on that you could post one of your ads here
  2. The visitor needs to know what he gets from your store: you could work on your headline so that the deep benefits of your product are communicated, like: chose the keyboard style that really fits you - I guess the main benefit of your product is not to keep the keyboards clean but to change their style
  3. You start off with some very expensive keyboards as the first products that are shown (which isn´t necessarily bad, but could be depending on your target audience). If your target audience is for example children, then they are probably not going to be able to pay that price: You might want to consider to put some cheaper items first and see how that works for you (maybe even the ones that you show in your ads) 

You can try the suggestions by running split test and then simply compare the bounce rate or the session times of your visitors.

These are some suggestions for you to get your visitors to stay longer on your shop, getting them to buy will be another challenge as there´s a lot of potential you´re not capitalizing on, but that´s not your main issue for now.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sounds your store has a traffic problem and not targeting the right people. Not all traffic is created equal. Also, spending £40 on ads is not very much considering that only one keywords has a lower price then that. I'll give you some feedback on your store and also how we thinking about marketing for our ecom clients.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized and a bit all over the place. I would work with a designer to help refine your brand and where you place your product images

3. Change your email to your domain as using gmail looks unprofessional

4. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Keyboard Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

Now onto marketing your store. When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes