Good Morning. I launched my site boutiqueonmillstone.com a week ago and sales have been slow to start. What tips, recommendations or feedback can you give me?
I am also curious about how to offer store credit if an item is returned. At the resent time I have all sales are final, but I would like to better understand the options to give store credit. I've read through a lot of the getting started info and shopify payments info but I did not see anything regarding returns or store credit.
Have seen your store and have some comments below:
- The first popup is great but you can try to show the discount number.
- This part is great. I love the design, try to keep it up!
- Maybe you can add Quickview buttons on this section to help customers see product details faster
- I see your Instagram and it has many product photos. I think you can create an Instagram feed on your home page to show more product images. Check this out if you want: Shoppable Instagram Gallery.
- I see some products have only one photo, maybe try to add more soon.
- You need the size chart to help your customers shop easier.
By the way, your store is great, just need to improve something.
Hope it helps
Dear @BtqOnMillstone ,
Congratulations for your store!
Hope following suggestions will help you
Hi @BtqOnMillstone !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi @BtqOnMillstone, best of luck with your new store!
I saw you got some great tips from the fellow above...
about using store credit for refunds you can use my app - RIse.ai,
We believe that store credit is the best way to inspire loyalty in your customers and we are the only loyalty solution that offers a loyalty card that accumulates all your credit in one place - gift cards, rewards, and refunds.
With Rise you can issue store credit as refunds directly from your Shopify admin make it easier for you and for your customers.
a bit about Rise refund solution
check out our listing page and feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Hi @BtqOnMillstone welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
3. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!