3 0 1

I'd value some feedback on my one day old store: https://www.vanicosmetics.com

Thank you!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 29 116

Hi @esskay17

Congrats on your store launch! That’s very exciting, and I bet this is just the beginning of great things for Vani Cosmetics.

First, easy things to fix now: 

• Link the banner
  • Add a favicon
  • Make sure your social media links open in a new tab

Let’s start on the homepage: 

• Test using a photo of it on someone rather than just the glitters themselves. You want people to imagine it on their own faces, so test it out. 
  • Use click heatmaps to see where people are clicking and use scroll heatmaps to see how down the page they scroll. Especially as you get more traffic, I would be interested in seeing how they navigate your site.
  • In general, I feel like there needs to be more explanation here. Considering the browser tab title says, “Vegan, Cruelty-free, Biodegradable Pressed Glitters,” I would assume that they were all biodegradable. But they aren’t. It was a bit confusing! 

I’ve been looking at a lot of your messaging, and the more I read, the more I saw that there may be a gap in how you’re marketing it and what customers want from it. I would suggest running a poll to see what is most important to your visitors and customers. Are they coming because it’s vegan? Quality pressed glitters? Biodegradable? Find out where they put their priorities and update it as necessary. 

Footer

• FAQs, Shipping, Refunds: Link your email address, and include information on shipping costs. Customers like to know how much to expect, so don’t leave it to the cart. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs and email address. 
  • Site Terms: Link your email address
  • Newsletter: Add more value to this newsletter. Do they get a discount on their next purchase? If visitors don’t know if they want to become customers, they likely don’t know yet if they want to give you their email addresses. 

Navigation

• Add HOME to your navigation
  • Use heatmaps to see where your visitors click. Are they favoring certain collections? 
  • Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how your visitors are moving through your site. That’s a huge advantage in finding what’s stopping them from checking out.

Collection Page

• You have an amazing filter! 
  • You may want to check to see if the “Recently Viewed” plugin is working correctly. It pulled a product that it said I had viewed, but I don’t believe I have. Just double-check it. 

Product Page

• I like that you have other shades for easier selects, but it’s not clear what shade I’ve selected. Highlight the shade. Also, make Red Sea match the rest of the images. Because it’s a hand on a gray background, I initially thought that it was being highlighted.
  • Add shipping information below the product name. Even if it’s linked to your shipping information, it would be helpful to your guests
  • What happened to the banner?! It’s only on the homepage. That’s a missed opportunity for the product pages when you want to know how much you need to spend for free shipping. 
  • There are too many features lower on the page. “You may also like,” “Featured collections” and “Recently viewed” clutter it up. Pick one rather than three. Use heatmaps to show you which ones are used most often.
  • Don’t forget about reviews! Add in a review request in your purchase confirmation emails. 

Customer communication
Make sure there’s live chat! You want to keep people on your site as you answer their questions. There’s really no way around it. 

I’ll say it again - your store looks great, and it’s just one day old! As you use visitor behavior, you’re going to be able to help your store grow and understand what changes work. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (not credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi @LuckyDanny  Thank you so much for the feedback. This is great and has items I completely overlooked! Going to get to fixing these now. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey @esskay17 

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store. Your art is pretty awesome!

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:

1. Favicon - it is the small logo that shows up in your browser tab beside the name of your store. Add it. Also, I’d suggest optimize the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO - they are too long at the moment)
  2. Add a separate “About Us” page. When a new user lands on your website, they will be looking for signs of trustworthiness. A good, personal about us page makes your brand stand out and connect with users. Mention your Instagram page, your following, your story, add pics of the people, and make it personal. 
  3. There are too many products on your home page. If you overwhelm the user with too much alien info/ too many choices, they will most likely drop out. Show a few featured products on the homepage maybe your bestsellers and your new arrivals. Show everything else on the products page. 
  4. On the same note, have you thought about using product labels/ stickers to highlight your bestselling products? You can use these “mini-banner” kind of labels on top of your product images to guide user’s attention to the right product. Apps like Modemagic can help you apply product labels (full disclosure: I’m a part of the Modemagic team, I think it could really help you!)
  5. So, this thing, “shipping calculated at next step” can cause some users to drop off. You should provide all shipping details at the first screen itself and show them the total price. This kind of transparency in pricing builds trust. The opposite will make them lose trust in your store.
  6. Your_Shopping_Cart_–_Vani_Cosmetics.png
  7. Lastly, testimonials and reviews are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 48 98

Hey, @esskay17 

A big key to success is building a strong brand. Branding involves developing a compelling, positive and lasting image of your business that creates an emotional connection with your customers. The strength of your company’s brand could mean the difference between struggling for recognition and sales or thriving as a dynamic, best-in-class business. This can seem like a daunting task at first, lucky for you we got ya covered! We discuss several key aspects of branding in our branding articles hub. This will take you from A-Z for developing and executing a brand that thrives. Not sure where to start? How to build a brand in 7 steps is a terrific starting point. I'd love to hear more about the direction you would like to take/achieve as far as your 'brand voice' goes.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @esskay17 ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon. 
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Add more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes