Brand name: 2 options, need opinions!

2 0 0
Hello everyone,

We are lauching a baby (0-24months) and little kids (5 years) clothing e-commerce and have 2 options for brand name (already registered both). We will have an exclusive app for the store also. Description: trendy and very cute clothes. All kind of materials (cotton, polyester, spandex, etc...).

OPTIONS:
1) Baby In Cloud (babyincloud.com)
2) OpaOpa Baby (opaopababy.com)

Feel free to give all kind of feedback or criticism!
Accept other suggestions.

I really appreciate your help on this new endeavor!
Thank you!!!
Claudine
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
378 3 56

Hey, Claudine!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

I took a look at both of your websites. When I click on opaopababy.com, I'm getting this error:

It looks like the domain is not set up correctly. I will be happy to take another look if you let me know it's been fixed. If you're using a third-party domain, you can find the instructions here on how to set that up. It looks like it's your CNAME that is not set up correctly:

It should be pointed to shops.myshopify.com rather than opaopababy.com.

Your other store, babyincloud.com is working. It's looking good so far but I have a few suggestions.

I would reconsider your logo:

The wording on it doesn't stand out very well and the image is a bit blurry.

Your slider images should be the same size and orientation so that they flow well. In this case, your first slider image is in landscape orientation and the second one is portrait:

Landscape images work better for slider images, just make sure they also look good on mobile. Always test your mobile view when you're editing your theme.

Be mindful of other images used on your store and make sure they are matching sizes:

It looks like your product titles and descriptions have been imported straight from Aliexpress. I would recommend you re-write all of them to make them more human. You can see here, the title is just a string of keywords, it doesn't sound like a title:

The description is a list of stats and some of them don't make sense for this particular product:

Check out 9 Simple Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Sell.

It looks like your website is still a work in progress but I thought I'd remind you to fill out this blank section at the bottom:

You can either remove it or you can insert an image there.

One of the most important things you can do as a new business owner is to make it quick and easy for customers to contact you with their questions. If they get a fast response, it gives them the confidence they will also get a fast response if they have a problem with their order. I would recommend the following:

Finally, it's a good idea to have Social Media pages for your business and link them to the footer of your store. You can do this by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media. I would start with Facebook and Instagram. Those are the two you're likely to rely on the most to help market your store.

What sort of marketing plans do you have at the moment? Have you started to consider specific marketing for Valentines Day? How will that differ from your normal marketing plan?

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello Aria!

Thank you very much for your opinion! Starting with your review is very good for us!
Actually we are starting all the work by now! There is just a very, very initial drawing.
As we are portuguese spellers and because we intend to to open market for all the world, we are worried about the name brand.
We are worried about the its impression speciffically for an e-commerce, if its hard to people spell it, if it is ok for americans and canadians, or if it causes too many doubts to write, or not good to listen, etc...I think it is a marketing question! We need to find a “sticky” mind name.
If you can give your opinion about this, it would be great for us!

Thanks a lot!!!

Claudine Bottesi
0 Likes