Brand new store - feedback please

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi there, I'm new to shopify, just transitioning over from Etsy. Would love some feedback on my lil shop before I take the plunge and switch my domain over. I think it's ready to go, but fresh eyes would be great!

Here it is! https://showgirlsparkle.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 11 17

Hey, @ShowgirlSparkle 

First off, congratulations on making the move to Shopify! I would be happy to give you some feedback on your store.

The first thing that sticks out to me as an important factor to consider is your store design. I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out! Specifically, I would consider removing the Purple from your background and replacing it with neutral tone color. While a colored background may seem like a good idea at first, it typically doesn't translate well in eCommerce when selling products. A neutral background color (white, light grey, light beige, etc.) will allow your products to stand out as opposed to getting drowned out by the background.

Another key to success is building a strong brand. Branding involves developing a compelling, positive and lasting image of your business that creates an emotional connection with your customers. The strength of your company’s brand could mean the difference between struggling for recognition and sales or thriving as a dynamic, best-in-class business. This can seem like a daunting task at first, lucky for you we got ya covered! We discuss several key aspects of branding in our branding articles hub. This will take you from A-Z for developing and executing a brand that thrives. Not sure where to start? How to build a brand in 7 steps is a terrific starting point. I'd love to hear more about the direction you would like to take/achieve as far as your 'brand voice' goes.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks for the feedback, Dirk! While I appreciate that most sites are typically neutral pastels, my site is geared towards burlesque performers and performing arts costumers who are used to extravagant, rich colours. I tried it in neutrals and it seemed pretty flat. As a niche market, I'm not trying to appeal to a mass market, rather, I'm trying to be very appealing to my target market.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
  • I would use more of the page to sell. Right now the header is huge - it takes up roughly a quarter of the page and does not selling.
  • I would also try and get a non-Shopify domain; this will just validate your store more.
  • The bit about the website being new is nice, but most customers that don't know you won't care much about the age of the website.  In fact, the fact that it is new might cause them to doubt if you'll come through on the orders.  You probably want your site to seem older than newer. This section also doesn't sell any products for you.
  • I would remove the brand watermark from an image that already has your brand name multiple times. Just doesn't add to it.
  • I would change "shop the collections" to just "shop" probably

Hope this helps!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
760 32 98

Hey @ShowgirlSparkle 

You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers.

Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes