Brutal store feedback please :)

Solved
reneeumu
Tourist
9 0 4

Hi Shopify community,

I run an ethical jewellery store  - https://kaleidoscopebeauty.co.uk .  A store empowering disenfranchised communities in Kenyan slums with our hand made pieces.

We work with talented artisans in Kibera and Baba Dogo, 2 slums located in Nairobi in order to provide job opportunities within these communities. 

Can you provide me with some ruthless feedback please? In addition to general feel, usability - I'd love to know if the brand story comes across?

Thanks so much for your time - I know you're all super busy running your own stores too!

Umu

0 Likes
Arunesh
Explorer
74 6 28

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @reneeumu 

Hope you are doing well. 

No one can actually give brutal feedbacks because there are none to give, I believe. Just a few suggestions. I'm gonna list my suggestions below:

• Enlarge your logo. It's too small. Barely noticeable.
  • Remove the bar from the top in which you are asking to sign up for the newsletter. Shift that bar to the bottom.
  • Try a banner slideshow.
  • Remove the 'Hand made in Kenya' tag from the names. Instead, add it to the product description.
  • Make the descriptions a bit more attractive. And provide more details.
  • I'd suggest you try out the other Shopify themes too.

Modesty and politeness are two qualities to run a good business and a healthy relationship with the customers. I think you and your store both have the potential to sustain and do well in the run.

We at Descrii generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas. 

You get all these in one single place saving you a lot of valuable time. The time which you can invest in expanding your business. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries. Kindly contact us if you need further assistance.

Well wishes!

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii 

Visit Our Website-  https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify store-  https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact-  hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
reneeumu
Tourist
9 0 4

Thank you @Arunesh really appreciate the feedback, definitely some great points made.

I'll be taking a lot of time out this week to make some adjustments so really appreciate you taking the time.

I'll be in contact if I need Descrii's services.

Kind regards

Umu

0 Likes

Hey @reneeumu,

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

Where you have the text "Jewellery empowering the disenfranchised", I'd tweak that slightly so that you are also including the words "Handmade in Kenya".

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case).

kaleido-meta.png

You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

On your checkout page, phone is currently a required field. I would change this as it could be a deterrent for some who don't want to share that information.

phone-required.png

My final recommendation is to utilize Shopify's sales channels to connect your checkout to your social pages, this will make purchasing even easier for people to shop the items they see in your posts.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2479 142 445

Hello @reneeumu, I hope you are doing well! your store has a great collection of beautiful hand made pieces by talented artisans. Here are some suggestions that you can work on:

-  While scrolling these are coming. Add a footer menu. 

AiTrillion_0-1612261338222.png

- Add a sticky header. 

- Add a section of trending and new products.

To reduce the bounce rate you need to make your store engaging. Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
reneeumu
Tourist
9 0 4

Hi @Arunesh ,

will definitely take a few of your suggestions on board. I appreciate you taking the time.

Kind regards

Umu 

reneeumu
Tourist
9 0 4

Awesome @EcomGeeks ! This is really helpful, definitely need to work on my SEO so thank you so much for the video. 
I'll be going through this numerous times.

Thanks again, really useful, Appreciate you taking the time out 

Kind regards

Umu