Brutally honest feedback please!

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi there,

I’m running this store since 2 months now and got just 1 sale. I have around 100 daily views, but I stopped to run ads because it wasn’t working. Before I run ads again I would like your help.

I have some ideas of the reason why it’s not working

• too much competition (lots of stores running ads on the same product)
  • bad advertising 
  • something with the website that I don’t see

My website is www.homegymone.com, while the landing page from the ad is https://homegymone.com/products/fullbodytrainer

Thank you in advance for an eventual reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Congrats on getting your site up.

A few brutally honest comments (take it or leave it)

- Dont buy ads til you know your #

- The picture is someone super fit.   That may not release to many people using this product

- The product should be in the top fold with a call to action

- Add a pop up collect info for people who come and dont buy (you got on a page, have it show up after 30 seconds, now you got there email)

All the best on your website

Download our Notifications app for FREE to help store owners through Covid-19 - Notifications By Mokool
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Wow thank you a lot for your answer, valuable critics here 💪🏼.

Never thought about these points.

A few questions:

• How can I know my # and what should I do it with that? (beginner question I know)
  • I didn’t really understood your third point, could you tell me something more please?

Thank you again!

0 Likes
Highlighted

You should know how much you make from each sales.  This is something that will come as you well.   If you are selling 250 units making $10,000 and cost to run the business (fixed and variable costs) is $8,000, so your profit it $2,000.   So for 250 sales, you need to cannot spend more then $2,000 ($8 each sale).   Therefore your max per a lead is $8.   Obviously I am making these #s up to share the point.   If you are going to spend money on ads, make sure you know what it will make back for you.  Then you can spend less then $8 all way long and grow.

When you visit the website, you dont see your product of any call to action above the fold (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Above_the_fold).  You need to share what your product is without people scrolling and have some strong call to action.

All the best :)

Download our Notifications app for FREE to help store owners through Covid-19 - Notifications By Mokool
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Ah ok, thanks!

For the above the fold, the landing page would be the product page, do you think it’s better like this?

0 Likes
Highlighted

On your home page have a call to action above the fold

Example, on my website -  https://mokoolapps.com/ and you see you see the button to goto the Shopify app store.   This is the call to action above the fold for someone to go directly to our app store (skipping everything else inc product page).  In your case increase the size of the "Full Body Trainer" and add some stronger text, as well change the picture to the product.  This will purchase people to your product page.   

I hope that helps.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you for your answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Other opinions?

0 Likes
Highlighted

hey @HomeGymOne 

1. Did you use some heat maps?

Your Google Analytics revealed that X people visited your website today. That’s nice, but have you ever wondered what they do when they’re there? Where they are clicking, where their attention is focused, and how much of your content they’re actually reading? Knowing these things would give you greater insight into how your website is experienced by viewers – and luckily there are many tools out there that produce this data through what is called a “heat map.”

2. did you notice what your competitors doing?

regards,
Alex with eScraper
Extract any data from any website into your Shopify store.
1 Like