As I mentioned in the subject, I am currently developing an art gallery and I admit that it is quite challenging. Selling art online isn't like 'any' dropshipping e-commerce, in which the sales pitch is crystal clear. For this reason, I am kindly asking for advice on both the visual aspect and writing contents of the website. What would you change? Also, don't hesitate if you have any suggestions regarding the website performance!
Quick question: should I keep the banner? I just added it but I am still not convinced, or at least not by the arguments I used.
I used the Debut theme to start with a minimalistic touch, even though I know I won't keep this theme in the long run (I want to have a uniquely designed store that echoes the beauty of the artworks).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we would like to have a proper website before running ads to generate more traffic, as we don't get much organically (see below).
For those who may be wondering: this is not a dropshipping store, all the artworks are my mum's property.
Thank you for any help you can provide,
All the best,
Anne & Joseph
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Hey there @JTurlais ! Wonderful initiative and great paintings out there! Here are my suggestions -
1. Although you have a favicon, it's not clearly visible. You need to change its color so that it's more visible there.
2. Your homepage looks pretty well designed .. but you can also use copywriting skills to motivate buyers to invest in your art and paintings!
3. I see that you're not on Instagram! This social media is great for such things .. try and come up with unique hashtags and syn it with your store's name which overall contributes in the brand-building process.
4. You already have a blog section and that's great!
5. You can go with a debut theme, but to give it a unique look, you can customize it and come up with things you've always wanted to have.
6. You need to add a review and rating section in your store. Users love to review what they have recently purchased!
7. Because it's more like home decor, you can add size.link - an augmented reality app through which users on iOS can testify your paintings in AR! This definitely adds on their overall experience and chances of cart abandonment are really less!
I'm from CedCommerce - a group of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce enthusiasts with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customization; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy!
For your convenience, we have broken down a seller's journey to Shopify store set-up into 3 simple stages - so that you know at which stage you're in and what all needs to be done!
Ps. I'm just a message away!
All the best for your eCommerce journey! .-.
Wish you luck with your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-.
This is an accepted solution.
Great paintings! I have some suggestions for improvement.
1. On the Home page, you have added two sections with the same title FEATURED and FEATURED COLLECTION. Add appropriate titles or if needed remove one section.
2. No need to add 5 rows of products under FEATURED COLLECTION. If more images are added, it will take more time to load the page. 2 rows of products are enough.
3. The section for the email newsletter is added multiple times on the Home page. Keep the one in the footer and remove the other newsletter section from the Home page.
4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
5. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
6. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
7. Use the same font for the whole website.
8. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
9. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!