Calling all Sushi fans! Check out my site :)

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

Hey guys,
I launched www.elisdeli.com.au last year to service my local community.
Eli's Deli is an online store where you can purchase high-end speciaility products, and we offer a delivery or pickup option at checkout (depending on order total).

I submitted this store for feedback last month, and I implemented some changes based on the really constructive feedback I received.

I'd love more feedback please!

Please note that the vast majority of website visitors are on mobile, so thats where the feedback is most important.
Also, orders are closed for this week due to a religious festival, so that's why products are currently out of stock.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Elisdeli,

"A fresh and energetic start", but you still have a long way ahead to reach the pillar of success. Pay attention to the below-mentioned tips to make your store perform well:

• There should be a section called "Our Story" in the footer that expresses the entire idea behind the "store origin, its mission" etc. Some images should also be added to make it a little more expressive.
  • The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • "Shopping cart" should be placed beside the login and search bar instead of being situated parallel to the header menu.
  • Use more "catchy taglines"  in the header template with words like "Hurry or Last chance" indicating the urgency to buy the products would encourage people to take up on the offer.
  • Include links to your Twitter and Linked in or any other social media business pages as well.
  •  You should add terms and conditions and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products. 

Overall Good work! Keep it up.
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1177 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Your store looks fantastic and you already have a defined niche, which is perfect.

Consider optimizing your sliding images further - make sure that the CTA [call to action] button is visible above the fold. As your images are quite big, the button fixed at the bottom disappears from the above the fold area:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.39.02.png

Either fix the button at the top or in the middle, so it's visible "above the fold".

This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].

Your product titles are SEO-friendly, perfect.

Consider adding a related items section to your product page as well - it will help you improve the average order value through cross-selling and also make people browse more items in your store. See how to cross-sell with related items: https://apps.shopify.com/cross-sell

FAQ - consider adding more info about your Shipping and Returns policy. You only mention you deliver within local area, but don't mention where is "local" to you:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.42.06.png

You just leave it up to your potential customers to click to your Contact us page to establish where you are located, thus doing all the hard work. It's bad for user experience and can affect sales. Make sure to have a very detailed Shipping policy, stating where exactly you deliver [ list all the area you cover], how long is the delivery, and also do you accept refunds. Cover these topics, as it will help you avoid any misunderstanding, and therefore unhappy customers who might leave negative feedback.

Remember: don't make your customers think. Serve all the information on the platter and your sales will go sky-high. 

If you'd like a more detailed critique, request free audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Here are a few guides that might help:

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes