Can I get some feedback please?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

My store has been open for a month now and I have no sales. People are not even staying on my page for more than 1 minute. I am just throwing money away on advertising and I really want to know why people dont stay. Honest and helpful feedback would be much appreciated.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
67 0 6

Hello,
I checked your website and I think I found out some things you might take a look at.

I think the biggest problem is the whole structure of the website, first of all, the menu should be ideally placed at the top of the website, also there are more fonts used and doesn´t fit the shop + the colors are a bit distracting. To be honest the website just doesn´t look professional at all. 

I think you might want to take a look at this article about how to make your website to attract the customers - it should help you with the basics. But If you want the professionals to take a look at your website and recommend you some changes, you can join this Facebook group and leave a post there.

One thing that I would like to point out is that you have pictures of a really good quality, which is really great!

And once you get enough traffic, you could try to use our retargeting ROI Hunter Easy app, which brings previous customers, who left your website before, back to your shop with customized ads of product they were looking at.

Good Luck!
Barča

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
72 0 23

Hey Ashly,

You've some great products but not a good website to sell them. I totally agree with Barca that the colors used in the theme are a bit too distracting. You should go ahead with a simple theme. There are quite a few free themes available on Shopify. You might go ahead with Brooklyn or Minimal. 

This is what I've to say, however, you should also use site data and analyze the exact problem. What actions do users take when they are on their site, why and from which page do they drop off - all these metrics are something that you should look closely. Here's a guide that'll help you with setting up analytics for your store. 

Once you've everything in place, a neat website and analytics set up, you should start the promotions for your store on social media and might even go for paid ads. As and when you start getting decent traffic, you should start with retargeting campaigns, as Barca said. 

But all this comes quite late- first, you should start working on fixing your store.

Hope this helps :)

Re-target your store visitors with iZooto | https://bit.ly/2KMnpkh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will start working on a new theme today. This time I will keep it basic. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

So I took the advice provided and revamped the site. I really hope it looks better now. I really can't afford a professional.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
72 0 23

It looks neat and clean now. Great work! 

Re-target your store visitors with iZooto | https://bit.ly/2KMnpkh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you guys again! I really appreciate the feedback. Lets cross our fingers for a few sales.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Great question. The more traffic you get to your page the better. Funny thing, everything online is tracked and crawled through a system, so the more traffic you get to your page even if it's your own Click Through rate traffic the better. That will help your pages votes. If you get other businesses to build your page up the more your page looks good to google's algorithm and you're page works and looks good to google. 

See this article about high performing sites have more traffic. It's important to know that the longer the page viewer stays on that site the better the results will in turn be. Use social as well as google to attract customers. Facebook, Pinterest, instagram and google all platforms that you should be business to attract customers and expand your customer base. 

Backlinking strategies might be helpful as well. The more your page received high quality back links the more your pages algorithm follows googles rules and it likes the page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1428 73 244

Hey @Ashly_Montgomer ,

There can be many reasons for that. Could you share your store URL?

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

This is an updated platform of this article

0 Likes