Can Someone Look at My Store

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

My store is called thefatherlessstore.com and I need someone to give me advice on how to make it better.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 118 304

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @goodmas123 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I wanted to start off by congratulating you on creating and launching your store. A lot of work goes into getting your store ready for launch so very well done. Your store is super niche so it will definitely appeal to a specific audience which is super important. There are some tweaks that can be made to improve your store so let's get into that now. 

The first thing that I looked at here were your product titles descriptions. While your products are brilliantly curated and your pictures look amazing you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this shirt? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I would definitely recommend adding your policies to the footer of your page. Customers often look for the following before proceeding to checkout:

• Refund policy
  • Privacy policy
  • Terms-of-service
  • Shipping policy

You can read up on creating these policies right here. 

I noticed that you have an About Us section in your footer, it is, however, very short and does not really tell your customer anything about your business. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. You can read up on how to write a persuasive About Us page here.

None of the social media links on the page lead to social media accounts. Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. In the meantime, while you are getting your social media up and running, I would recommend removing them from the footer. 

You do not have a contact page currently. With products of this nature, customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

It is fantastic that you are running a blog. It can really help in getting repeat visits. Managing and publishing content consistently can be rather tricky. 

SEO can play a huge part in bringing in sales and potential customers. The key to SEO is understanding what your customers will be looking for and ensuring your site is set up to best manage the products and content they are seeking. They say 80% of SEO is content. Want to learn all about content marketing? You can take this free course from Hubspot and become certified! 

Let me know how all this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @goodmas123 

Few areas to improve 

• Home Page (flow)
  • Site Navigation 
  • Product Page 
  • Footer
  • Contact Page 
  • About Page 
  • Checkout 
  • Logo Size 

I put together a full detailed review for you but couldn't see anywhere to contact you. If you reach out I'll send that over to you. 

I love how you put so much effort into the blogs. Great work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Please send info to tom.goodwine@yahoo.com. 
Thanks,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @goodmas123 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

Did you think about adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

An important thing I couldn't find is reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Tom 

Just sent that information over to you.

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes