Your images are good, especially product images, although I would try to keep them more consistent - either stick to the product on white back ground, or the models. I would also take out any collections that don't have items (yet), such as Necklaces.
You need to work on your text a bit - clean up your grammar and keep it short. Nobody reads much on the internet anymore.
I also don't like the pop up regarding how many sales today... I know it's there to provide a sense of social proof, but it doesn't seem real, which undermines your site's credibility.
Please don't take these comments to be mean, I'm trying to help. Good luck.
Sophia here from Shopify. Your store looks great so far! I like the fonts and images you've chosen; they give the store a clean, professional look. Here are a few things you can consider optimizing to encourage sales:
Otherwise, I'm curious to learn more about how you've been marketing the store and what kinds of traffic you're seeing so far (under Analytics > Dashboard).
I see that Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages are linked in your footer. The Instagram page looks like it's off to a good start with 80+ followers. Great work! Make sure that you're posting consistently and also engaging with other users (commenting on and liking posts) to increase traffic to your social media pages and ultimately to your store.
Hey The Vyctory,
"Loss of sales" generally happens when the store is not properly optimized.So, for a full-fledged optimization is a must for a good conversion rate. Some of the considerable changes which need to be done in your store are as follows:
May the fortune favour you with a lot of sales and conversions very shortly.
Hey @Vyctory, Here are the suggestions you need to work on:-
1. After the banner image on the homepage, display the collection list. Then recommended products, testimonials, Instafeed. This will make your store look more professional.
2. For getting more sales and revenue you need to focus more on customer engagement You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales and retention.
3. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
4. Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.
5. Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
These are some important tools for an eCommerce store which helps in increasing the conversion rate and keep the customer engaged on your store by enhancing the browsing experience.
To implement these tools on your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
While there are few problems on your website the product page is the one that stands out most. I'd do this.
Overall good start. The great thing about clothing is you can fill your website with images of people smiling wearing your products. This will give visitor good feeling and help them envision themselves wearing your products.