Can anyone please tell me why i'm not making any sales?

Vyctory
1 0 0

I was working on my Shopify store for quite some time and was wondering why I can't make any sales. It has been a couple of months and I was wondering if you guys are willing to help me and critic my site. For the better of my site.

Thevyctory.com

0 Likes
JenAkkermans
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there, 

Your images are good, especially product images, although I would try to keep them more consistent - either stick to the product on white back ground, or the models.  I would also take out any collections that don't have items (yet), such as Necklaces. 

You need to work on your text a bit - clean up your grammar and keep it short.  Nobody reads much on the internet anymore. 

I also don't like the pop up regarding how many sales today... I know it's there to provide a sense of social proof, but it doesn't seem real, which undermines your site's credibility. 

Please don't take these comments to be mean, I'm trying to help.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 43 84

Hi, @Vyctory!

Sophia here from Shopify. Your store looks great so far! I like the fonts and images you've chosen; they give the store a clean, professional look. Here are a few things you can consider optimizing to encourage sales:

• Organize by product type. In addition to having a Men's Collection and a Women's Collection, I suggest creating easy-to-shop categories like "Shirts" and "Jackets" to help customers find what they're looking for. You can create these under Products > Collections in the admin, and then add as drop-down menu items under Online Store > Navigation.
  • Customize your policy pages. It's great to see the detailed store policy pages in your footer! Keep in mind that Shopify's policy page templates may not fully pertain to your store, so it's a good idea to thoroughly read through and edit or remove anything that doesn't work for Vyctory. For example, the refund policy mentions several products that your store doesn't sell, so you can remove those from the list.
  • Rework the About Us page. I love that you've organized the About Us page into digestible sections, but the information doesn't tell me why a customer should buy from your store specifically. Customers understand online shopping; they're already expecting all online stores to be convenient, affordable, and secure. What makes Vyctory unique? This is a great opportunity to express the tone you want your brand to be known for. If you're not quite sure what to share on the About Us page, check out this blog post for ideas.

Otherwise, I'm curious to learn more about how you've been marketing the store and what kinds of traffic you're seeing so far (under Analytics > Dashboard).

I see that Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages are linked in your footer. The Instagram page looks like it's off to a good start with 80+ followers. Great work! Make sure that you're posting consistently and also engaging with other users (commenting on and liking posts) to increase traffic to your social media pages and ultimately to your store.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey The Vyctory,

"Loss of sales" generally happens when the store is not properly optimized.So, for a full-fledged optimization is a must for a good conversion rate. Some of the considerable changes which need to be done in your store are as follows:

1. Use the"Jet Black" font color for the main menu elements instead of "grey" color.
  2. "Product Description" is a must to be added for better product understanding and site familiarity as well.
  3. The "search bar" is not enabled in the store theme and hence, is missing from the homepage.
  4. "Trust badges" should be present on the homepage as well apart from the product page.
  5. Desiring site popularity! add "New Arrivals" to it and help to keep your customers updated regarding the latest store designs and product updates as well.
  6. Want your site to be identified better! Adding a favicon is the recommended solution.
  7. Want better customer engagement and a lot of sales as well! highlight "free shipping offers and discount coupon codes" using the bold black header template.
  8. Adding some images to the "About Us" section would help in making it look more descriptive.
  9. The addition of more payment gateways apart from "Gpay" and "Paypal" would help in offering different options to the customers to pay according to their requirements thus improving customer engagement.
  10. Improvement in the decisiveness of the customer can be done only if you add "product reviews" below each item.
  11. The addition of the "Instagram gallery" helps to boost overall brand promotion.
  12. "Limited time offers" tend to increase the customer's urgency to buy a particular product.
  13. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  14. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  15. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the fortune favour you with a lot of sales and conversions very shortly.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2414 141 439

Hey @Vyctory, Here are the suggestions you need to work on:-

1. After the banner image on the homepage, display the collection list. Then recommended products, testimonials, Instafeed. This will make your store look more professional.

2. For getting more sales and revenue you need to focus more on customer engagement You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales and retention.

3. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

4. Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

5. Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.

These are some important tools for an eCommerce store which helps in increasing the conversion rate and keep the customer engaged on your store by enhancing the browsing experience.

To implement these tools on your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @Vyctory 

While there are few problems on your website the product page is the one that stands out most. I'd do this. 

• Remove Trust Badges (They make the site look like spam)
  • Add Product Tabs 
  • Add Detailed Product Descriptions 
  • Add Size Chart 
  • Add Reviews (if possible)
  • Maybe add "sticky add to cart bar" 
  • Add Announcement bar (example: FREE Shipping over $100) 

Overall good start. The great thing about clothing is you can fill your website with images of people smiling wearing your products. This will give visitor good feeling and help them envision themselves wearing your products.

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes