Can i get feedback on my store

Mowiee
4 0 0

I recently made a new webshop called saiyanhub.com , and in my opinion the website has a very good design. The item is also cheap, and the ad post that I recently placed was received very well. But i still havent made even one sale. I don't really understand why because several people have reached the checkout page and stayed there for several minutes. So can i get some feedback on this, because i think i should have made at least one sale by now.

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 186

Hey, @Mowiee!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Congratulations on your store, you have done a great job. What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising? Are you noticing much traffic to your store?

The first thing that I always look at with new stores is the product descriptions. While your products are well curated you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format, you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need these products? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I noticed that you do not have an "About Us" page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.

In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! 

Another thing I noticed was you have no links in your footer for return/refund, contact us, FAQ, or shipping policy. These are very important pages and help generate trust for the customer. Shopify can help generate these templates for you, however, you are responsible for following your published policies. Review your policies carefully before adding them! This page in our help centre goes through all the steps on this and how to add them to your footer.

Your Favicon is a great way to help your store stand out when a customer has a number of tabs open in their browser, it should be unique to your brand to further strengthen its image, while also helping to make the store look a lot more trustworthy. You can add your Favicon by going to your Theme Editor > Theme Settings > Favicon, like so:

14-23-83u0g-gadiw

You can also check out our own logo creator Hatchful - While there are some really awesome logos for free, for a small fee of $9.99 you can create a very simple, modern logo that will really drive home the message of your brand. As part of the package, regardless of the logo or the price you pay, you'll receive A high-resolution logo with unlimited revisions, a Favicon, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest/YouTube/Linked-In cover or banner photos, profile photos, with two variations of each!

Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Mowiee
4 0 0

Marketing is certainly the hardest part of starting up a shopify business, but the reason that i started this post is exactly because i started getting many visitors. An advertisement i placed yesterday received 3000 views in around 6 hours and 50 visitors have visited my site. They enter checkout stay there for several minutes and then leave. So i premuse there is something wrong with the checkout page. I dont expect 100 sales immediately but its odd that i have 0 sales with 200 total visitors and a in my opinion well designed site. I will definitely work on the points you mentioned and try to improve upon them. But is there a way for me to make the checkout page more efficient so it isnt the place where people conclude their visit?

0 Likes