Can somebody take a look? What's wrong. No sales yet.

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Oh, man, I have worked hard on this store and haven't made any sales.  It is so discouraging.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  Please help.

Thanks!  http://thediggitydogstore.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Lauraanddogs!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Can you post a link to your store so we can all provide feedback for you? 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Thank you for adding in that link, @Lauraanddogs

Firstly, congratulations on your store, you have done a great job. What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising? 

The first thing I notice is there is a lot of menu headings. Sometimes this can look cluttered and cause customers to get overwhelmed. Could you maybe group them together under dropdowns? The diggity dog news and the diggity dog blog are very similar so I would perhaps combine them together. Simple navigation is so important when it comes to the online store. This article is a great one to read all about homepage design. There are also some great third-party apps here to help you create a neater menu if you want to try them out.

I noticed that you haven't added an 'About Us' page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! 

I would always recommend having an FAQ and a contact us page in the main menu. These pages help generate trust for your customers and a lot of customers won't buy without thoroughly reading these pages. 

It is brilliant that you have added social links but when you click the Facebook one, it goes to the Shopify page. You will need to rectify this and add in your own pages so that when customers click them they are brought to your social media pages. You can do this by clicking 'Online Store > Themes > Customise > Theme Settings > Social Media'. 

2019-09-ds1aa-u02c8

Instead of /Shopify you need to enter /your own page name. 

2019-09-nojyz-6n5oq

Other than that everything looks good, I would just tidya few bits up. After that it is all about marketing. Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can! 

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 27 99

Hi @Lauraanddogs 

Nice job on your store, here is my feedback on it.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

An important thing I couldn't find is a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Did you think about adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

I wasn't able to find social media links. Adding social media for your store can help people realize that they are dealing with a real person and organization and not just some faceless store

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
85 4 30

Hi @Lauraanddogs , 

Don't get discouraged.  Building an ecommerce business and hard and takes time.  You page is up, and you're branding is a lot of fun : )!

You said you don't have any sales yet.  What's your traffic like?  With average conversion rates in the .5% to 2.0% range, you need anywhere from 50 to 200 sessions worth of qualified traffic to drive a sale.  

If you're getting more than 200 sessions / day without a sale then something's up with your site's conversion funnel.  Check to see where people are dropping off.  Your visitors should be viewing 5-10 pages with a bounce rate < 30%.  

Best,

Entaice

Tired of having high traffic but no sales?
Learn how to increase your conversion rate with this Step by Step Guide
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you so much! I'm not getting anywhere near that amount of traffic.
Do you think I should work on my instagram profile? I haven't done
anything on there yet.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey,

I can see, the amount of work done is amazing but not enough.
If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Don't you think homepage should land on banner or video should be at the top of the page?
  2. Surprisingly, menu appears twice on the top and on the left.
    Can you make width 100%, it will ensure that scrolling issue is fixed?

3. Discount bar is barely visible on header.
    For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Please try to push customer review down below or after the description.
  5. Also, You have around 600 products and visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and empty https://thediggitydogstore.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

6. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes