Can someone give me some helpful feedback on my store?

Tourist
4 0 0
Hello, My store has been open for 2 months and I've only had 3 sales, and 445 visits. No one stays more than half a minute. Any feedback would be much appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Sorry, my store link. https://islandmoon.store/
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
428 19 48

Hey, I would suggest you to increase engagement on your store. Start using a loyalty program and referral program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more.

This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

The referral program is very helpful when it comes to good word of mouth and brand awareness. It is one of the successful marketing strategies.

You should start using customer timeline feature to track customer journey right from the sign up till each and every activity like when the customer has last visited your store, Email opened, push received, products purchased, etc. This will help you to take action by knowing their behavior accordingly. You can add web push notifications, it will help in retargeting your customers. I am open for further discussion. 

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes

Hi @Islandmoonstore,

I just had a look into your website and its amazing. Below are some of my thoughts on how to improve your site and increase website’s visitors.

1. Speed Optimization - To increase visitors you need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very slow i.e 50%. It should be above 70%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate.
  2. Structured Data- I saw that you have implemented structured data but some attributes are still empty such as ( SKU, rating, product reviews, URL), so it's always recommended to assign these values, it will help increase search appearance on SERP.  
  3. Remove Unused CSS: Defer the loading of CSS not used for above-the-fold content to reduce unnecessary bytes consumed by network activity.
  4. Home Page: For engaging new customers you need to work on your homepage. You can redesign your home page, add more sections such as ‘New arrivals’, ‘blogs’, ‘Top selling products or best selling products’, ‘offers & discount banners’ and make your website user-friendly.  Ensure text is user-visible while web fonts are loading. You can add offer’s pop up on product page or category page to increase sales.
  5. Homepage banner:  Your first home page banner is too large and not user friendly. It's not in one catch eye. Instead of having one single large banner, you can implement the carousel (recommended 2-3) with banners.  
  6. Menu: Menu and its label have a great impact on the user. Menu structure needs to be fixed for easy navigation to users and to provide information to search engine.  

Product Page:

1. Images: Appropriately-sized images to save cellular data and improve load time.   Defer offscreen images. Provide functionality of zooming to every Images. Also observe the optimization of the image (Basic Image SEO).  For processing of photos insert images into carousel.
  2. Detailed Product Description -  Provide a detailed product description to users it creates a better understanding of the product and it will also help to increase ranking for keywords.  It's worth to add FAQs on the product to help user guide regarding their purchase by answering their queries. 
  3. Product Availability - It's a good practice to show product availability information to the users to attract or please the customer.
  4. Footer: You need to add proper footer menu links. Also, you can show website information and address in the footer.   

I hope my feedback will help you to improve your sales!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank you!!! 

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
1 Like

The big thing I would change is picking a different theme that shows off your products in a different way. Right now it's not the best theme to use. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage and not have such a large vertical image at the time. It makes your homepage longer then it needs to be and takes some scrolling before you can see what you sell. Try using a horizontal image at the very least

2. Change your contact email to your domain name... this will make your store look more professional

3. If you are going to have a new product on your homepage. Make it a Featured Product type section as it makes it look like something planned. Add some copy and tell people why they should buy it. Link to the product page where they can buy it too

Product Page  Feedback

1. Don't making your shipping information all in bold, it's distracting and offers no extra value

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
408 21 83

Hi @Islandmoonstore 

I just took a look at your store and I think it looks really good. There are just a few minor things that I might consider changing

After carefully reviewing I don't see a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

An important thing I couldn't find is a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

I wasn't able to find a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

I wasn't able to find reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0
Wow! Thank you you so much for that. Extremely helpful advice, I really appreciate it. Im starting with 0 experience so I will definitely be implementing all this. Time to work!
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0
Thank you so much for taking a look and the amazing feeback. I have been playing around with different themes and may go back to Brooklyn, its the cleanest and overall nest I think.
0 Likes
Globetrotter
666 40 155

Hey,
If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Also, the logo is not professinal enough just simple text.
    Missing on favicon.

2. Add some more social links like Twitter, Pinterest etc to the footer for better connectivity.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Add some blogs for more clarity.
  5. Also, You have around 51 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://islandmoon.store/search?q= Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

6. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes