Can you look at my online boutique?

Highlighted
3 0 0
Hello there! I just launched two weeks ago and have made a lot of changes to my online store with regards to themes and adding different features. I’m looking for honest feedback so I can improve the customer shopping experience. Please let me know what you think! I really appreciate your help and time!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Shopprettydress,

Do you mind sharing your store URL? I'd be happy to take a look at it :)

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️Shopify Calculator - What's the Cost of a Shopify Store? Read More
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 118 304

Hey there, @Shopprettydress 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

As @Tony_Bui mentioned, could you please share a link to your store so that we can take a look? In the meantime here are some great articles here on making sure customers find you!

Get Customers Talking About You

50 Ways to Make Your First Sale  

Beginners Guide To Marketing

How to Drive Targeted Traffic to Your Online Store 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0
OMG! Can’t believe I forgot the link. LOL.

It’s prettydressboutique.com.

Thank you so much!
0 Likes
Highlighted

hi @Shopprettydress,

It needs to be said, your store looks amazing so far. From an aesthetic standpoint, everything looks clean, sleek, and navigating between collections is easy. 

One thing I love in particular is the angle you're taking for your target audience. Bold, elegant clothing for the modern businesswoman. It's instantly clear from your homepage and About Us page that you serve a unique audience with a specific purpose, but I'd love to see more of that on your product pages - this is where the sale happens at the end of the day. 

In my mind, key words would be "empowerment" "savvy" "independance". Your bullet-point description is great for visitors to quickly get the jist of your product, but a few lines before it to trigger an emotional response would make a more compelling statement. Check out this simple example below: 

jacket.png

One line that speaks directly to the audience as a modern professional, then another line to subtly upsell a complementary product. 

Other than that, site finctionality is fantastic, and as far as user-experience goes - no complaints. 

I just happen to be a fan of compelling content, especially if you're just starting out and don't have the social proof to speak for itself. Hope that helps :)

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️Shopify Calculator - What's the Cost of a Shopify Store? Read More
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 118 304

Thanks for sharing the link, @Shopprettydress! Your store actually looks amazing, I am very impressed! Aesthetically it is very pleasing and it is super easy to navigate which is exactly what I like to see. There are one or two things we can tune-up to better your site but you are off to a wonderful start! 

The first thing that I looked at here were your product titles descriptions. I can see that you were keeping the descriptions simple and straightforward which normally I would be a fan of, however, when it comes to online stores, more words can often be better. I would consider filling out your product descriptions a bit more. One example of this I always refer to is NastyGal. NastyGal makes sure to have a little description on every product that 1) describes the piece and 2) projects the voice of their brand! While your descriptions very clearly describe the products, they do not project any kind of voice. Take a look at how they describe some of their products, each description shows personality and reflects their brand's voice. Finding a voice for your brand will help you gather loyal customers and even brand ambassador.

With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this dress? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes