Can you spot the problem?

1 0 0

So I've run my store for the past 2.5 years. Conversion rate has been pretty solid at minimum of 3%. However since Sunday it has dropped to less than 1%. 

I've checked a whole bunch of things, page speed, app loads, images, checkouts etc... but can't spot anything that would driving the drop. Obviously this is costing in sales hugely. Adds to cart seem at their normal %, as to reached checkouts.

Just thought I'd see if anyone could spot any errors anywhere as I'm struggling to find a reason why?

Store is http://www.bandofclimbers.com

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
475 27 67

Hey, Stuart. 

Dallas from the Social Care team here at Shopify. 

When you are looking at your conversion rate you will want to make sure you also look at the number of visitors for that day as well as the actual conversion percentage. If you have a lower conversion rate, you may have a higher number of actual sales/visitors. What this means is that the conversion rate may be lower, but you could still be making more money. 

Another thing to look into is the actual number of sales from the day and how that affects your conversion. For example, if you have 20 people view your site and 2 people buy, you could be at a 10% conversion rate. The next day if you have 20 people view your site, but only one 1 person buys your conversion rate can drop by half. 

Reasons for this could be an ad that was run and was received differently than others. Or even a social media post could have rendered different traction than was originally thought. This could result in either a positive or negative reaction to your conversion rate, depending. You will also want to look into any changes that you made to your site or your products during the time in question. If you have a lower conversion rate but are actually making more sales then you will want to continue with what you are doing and just work to make more conversions from those visits. However, if you have adjusted your products or the look of your site and are getting a lower number of visits as well as a lower number of sales then you may want to approach it a little differently and work to increase visits, sales, as well as the conversion rate.  

I didn't go entirely through your checkout to complete a purchase, but from the general look of it, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the add to cart function. Like you said, your site is loading at a good speed and the images are all clear. So the biggest thing I can recommend at this point is to go over the analytic data that I have stated above.

Some other things to look into to increase your conversion rate are things like: 

This article will also give you something that you may want to also look into in addition to these tips that I have given above. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other further questions or would like any more help feel free to reach out again! Our support is here to help 24/7.

Cheers, 
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes