Change the name of my store.

Solved
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Shopify Support,

I just started a few days ago and already have my store. But I want to change the name of  my store since I open it up without having a name I like very much. I was told that I needed to contact customer support for that because you were able to do it manually from the customer service side. 

Please, I would like some response from customer service. I will be waiting. I don't know the website very much, so I don't know how to make this message private. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
352 40 71

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @AnnTorr 

The good news is that you can change the name of your store from your admin, head over to your Settings>General to do so:

20-07-yjg1v-d4dyg

However, one thing that you won't be able to change is the .myshopify.com URL that you use to login. However, if/when you add a custom domain to your store though (in Online Store>Domains) and select your custom domain as your primary domain, that original .myshopify.com URL is never customer-facing and you would be the only one who sees this.

If it's important to you that this matches to your actual store name, you will need to create a new account. If you'd like to do this, here's some information on duplicating your store so that you can create a new account without losing what you've done so far.  

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like