Hi @steviemena !
Welcome to the Shopify family!
1. You need to definitely change your logo, make it bigger, work on the background of it. It should match your theme color palette.
2. Hero banner - I suggest placing images that will resonate with your brand. Your sale image does not look nice, remove it. You can place there another image.
3. Add more products to the deals of the day or remove it from the homepage. You have placed only one product, and the other space is empty. It does not look professional.
4. Instead of placing one product like this - you can place your collections with CTA buttons. So, the visitor will know what you have. You can add here small description of each collection.
5. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
6. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
7. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
8. Collections - think once more about your categorizations, there is always should be logic - so it will improve the user experience of the customers.
9. On your product pages - all the products should have the same style images. Otherwise, it looks unprofessional and messy.
10. Headings of the products - the font of the text is too huge, make it smaller.
11. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
12. Add more payment methods, and secure payment badges - people should trust you before they enter the credit card number.
13. Add a favicon.
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter has purchased something from your store. With referral programs, it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave. because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi, @steviemena welcome to Shopify family,
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The logo is not visible and the placement can be changed from the center to the top left as people will memorize the brand because people are habituated reading from left for right.
2. The header menu has to be placed above the landing menu. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
3. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
4. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!
great store you have @steviemena
My suggestion you may put valuable reviews of your product https://www.shopmimy.com/products/2020-new-long-crystal-tassel-gold-color-dangle-earrings-for-women-...
As an example, you can extract reviews via (Shopify data extractor) https://e-scraper.com/shopify/#freescraper - from here from your supplier site or related place.
You need reviews because customers belive to customers but not your product description..
if you have reviews with photos and feedbacks with a different lexicon you will have a better conversion for sure.
Also, add to your about us more trusted information like social networks your location etc.
Nowadays buyers are a little bit scared about new stores... So this point adds more trust.
I took a quick glance at your store and on top of the great suggestions made by other users I will give you a bit more insights.
Store feels un-finished and un-tested. Some key web standard and design concepts are not taken in account or not executed correctly, see images on my finding below - please note I only took a look at on Chrome (macOS), I would assume if full cross-browser test would be run, more issues would be found.
Most of the bugs are css/js related and could be fixed within reasonably short period of time.
Text falls out of the viewport
Currency switcher overlaps announcement bar
Currency switcher overlaps key elements for mobile header
Text falls out of the containers
Looks like clickable element, but on click nothing happens
Text falls out of the containers
A bit more under the hood:
A lot of times important factors such as site performance, accessibility and best practices are not executed correctly, see you site scores from Lighthouse:
Shopify is a great platform and will bring you tons of profit, if executed correctly.
Keep doing what you do, push to get as close to perfection, or hire professional who will take your store to the next level.