Check Out My Store for Gamers

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 2

Hey all! 

We just did a soft launch of our new store, this is our first Shopify store, we had a wordpress site before this. Before we start driving traffic I was wondering if you all might want to check it out and tell me what you think it needs. 

We are a gaming accessories company that believes that all gamers should be treated as equals. We sell products so that we can make charitable donations to causes that help push forward human rights. We are going to be using Pledgling on our site so that people can see where the contributions from their purchases are going. 

www.CRexGaming.com 

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback! 

Adam

0 Likes

Hi Adam

Fellow gamer over here in Canada. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together and make it more consistent

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Clothing Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together and make it more consistent

3. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Excursionist
13 0 2
Thanks so much for the advice, I appreciate it!
0 Likes

Hi Adam (@AMLazzara),

Love the idea behind your store. Sounds like a great purpose. Having looked at your website, I would definitely suggest that you lead with this. I can see you have lots of info about what you do further down the page, but it's not so clear above the fold, or from the moment you first land on the website.

The explanation (what we do, why we do it, etc.) is also a little wordy. People tend not to read too much in situations like this. They skim and look to get a general idea of what's being said. You can help with that by having shorter sentences, and more visual elements, to help get across your message.

Ideally, I would like to see something very clear such as 'You buy this', 'We give this'.

The store also seems quite limited in terms of products available. I would either build this up, or scale it right back and have just a few clear products on offer.

Hope that helps - Gareth 

Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
1 Like
Shopify Partner
53 0 8

Hi Adam,

Congrats on the launch of your site.

I have one comment regarding the donation to the cause of the charities. I think it's fantastic that you're donating to charities. I would recommend you get the ball rolling by being the 1st ones to donate since I notice it's still set at zero. 

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
1 Like

100% agree with @Jason_Beacon I've been using give and grow for awhile now and I can confirm it does make a massive difference. 

Hi @AMLazzara 

I noticed on the home page the two collection lists with only one product. If the theme allows it you should go straight to the product. Waste of time going to the collection page if there is only one product. 

Media Coverage: I'd make the link open new browser. You could also turn it into a button. 

Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

1 Like
Shopify Partner
435 19 51

I like that you are donating a portion towards humans right. 

1. Why don't you try using Exit-intent pop-up- A good exit-intent pop-up helps to reduce retention rate and Abandon carts.

2. Your prospect's attention span is short, so you have to be quick on the ball. You have got 3-5 secs to grab the attention of your visitors by clearly stating what you sell. Adding a carousel with your features products can help you to achieve that.

3. Your home page does not look professional at all. You need to follow this layout-

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4.

It will be easy to give you more suggestions if you answer some more questions for me. Like how many visitors do you get daily? How do you connect and communicate with your visitors when they go without making a purchase? 

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
1 Like
Astronaut
749 46 171

Hey Crexgaming, 

I have reviewed your store and the first impression of the store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user-friendly and eventually leads to sales.

You don't need to be disappointed, as the store is decent, unique and attractive but not that engaging or encouraging to customers.

1. To engage customers add a section Bestselling products on your homepage.
  2. Offer some discounts to encourage customers to buy from your store.
  3. Also, You have around 9 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://crexgaming.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would strongly recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like 
    Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.
  4. For better traffic and sales, you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit. Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.

Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Excursionist
13 0 2

Gareth, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to review my site and comment. These are terrific suggestions that I will be sure to implement, thanks again! 

1 Like
Excursionist
13 0 2

Yep, that is a terrific point, I will do that! 

Thank you! 

0 Likes