I launched my store almost three months ago, did a couple of ads but no conversion and I am afraid the issue might be either the website or the shipping times. As for the shipping times I am not sure what to do about it since every other option seems to be bulks or an agent and I dont have the financial resources to that right now.
Please feel free to advise, your feedback would be very appreciated.
Hi @Jess_s !
Welcome to the Shopify family and congrats on your store!
Conversion optimization is much more than boosting immediate sales. It’s also about capturing information that could lead to sales.
The add-to-cart rate tells us the percentage of visitors that placed an item in the shopping cart, regardless of whether the visitors consummated the purchase. The action typically represents an intent to buy, and it is usually higher than the purchase conversion rate. A high add-to-cart rate indicates strong product pages and calls-to-action. Your homepage does not have CTAs. Your hero banner has nice pictures with interesting quotes, but it does not call the customer to actions - to BUY.
Adding a product to the cart is one step in the sales process. The purchase conversion rate tells us not only the percentage of buyers to visitors but also the percentage of abandoned carts. The average purchase conversion rate is around 2.3 percent, with the top performers reporting upwards of 11 percent.
Not all hope is lost when you don’t get the sale. Capturing email signups is the next best conversion to a sale because it connects the site with prospects. The average conversion rate for email signups from websites using scroll boxes and popups is about 2 percent, with the highest at roughly 5 percent. Best-converting sites focus on two things:
- monitor visitors’ page scrolling and the time on page to determine when the email call-to-action appears.
- offer something of value, even if it’s not a discount, such as exclusive product news or rollouts.
My suggestions to your store:
1. Clear CTAs - help to the customers what to do next. Hero banner is a very important element of the homepage as it is key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
2. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell the story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. Think about how images can convey the value of your product and quickly communicate how it will help your visitors to achieve their goals.
3. Add keywords to your headings of the products - by improving SEO is a great way to generate leads and traffic is through search engine optimization.
4. Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.
5. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
6. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic. One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand. That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
7. Write your pricing under your products on the homepage - when the user enters the website, he should see immediately what you offer and what is the price.
8. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
9. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
Without further ado, I came to an opinion that you will find our app Growave quite useful. I do not want to sound salesy or offer you something you do not need, but I truly think that it will help improve the functionality of the app. Here is why:
You are already using a Rewards app and Rewards program. And Growave has that along with Reviews, Instagram galleries, Wishlist, Social Login all integrated with one another for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.
-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store
-> You can add your website Facebook page link under footer section of Facebook icon.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can increase your niche.
Congratulations for your store!!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
Hello @Jess_s ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Congrats on your store , you have an amazing store , really like the color combo its very pleasing to the eyes, i I would like to give some design suggestions to help make your store more appealing to your customers and also increase your sales
1. I feel you have done a good job with the basic UI for the site and I feel you can add more acts buttons to specific pictures to your page and products
2. change the landing page to a very modern look that has good pictures and slideshows and banners .
3. the optimization is not done well is what I feel , the store needs to be more friendly to the user
4. its needs a complete design overall as the consistency of the font and size of content varies very much and don't look complete
5. the product catalog page needs a revamp as you would need to make it look more presentable with less clutter and change to a different colors to lift the shopping spirit
6. use product labels to help sales , ill leave a link below of an app that can help you with this
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very detailed response. I made a list of the things you mentioned and tried to fix most of them, the only issue is that there's a couple of things that I dont know how to fix them considering my lack of experience in this field. However, I am looking into finding ways to over come these issues.
The other thing is I dont have a list of email signups as no one really signed up before I launched, so I closed the website for maintenance and to navigate through that issue as well.
Thank you again for your time, I really appreciate it
Thank you @appfreaker_com for all of your feedback, any chance you can elaborate on the first one ?
my Facebook business page is already in there, the icon I mean.
A lot of people had suggested a blog as well but some people suggested against it specially in case I decide to change the niche so I was not exactly sure that I should go with it.
Thanks again for you help
Thank you for you feedback. As for the speed I am not really sure how to do that, I have already deleted all the unnecessary apps and tried to remove some pictures but the speed still seems to be low .
I am still trying to work on the header and the customer search as I dont have any experience with that but thank you again for these pointers It helped me with my list.
Hi @Droppersstop Thank you for the feedback, I thought I already did the SEO with the title, it would be great to hear if you have more ideas.
and a blog is something I am debating but not 100% sure of for the fact that I might need to change the niche and go with something else.
Thank you so much again, I really appreciate the help