Checking out - but not completing purchase! Why? 800 visitors in one night.

Ibrahimnaji0555
1 0 0

Hey guys,

People seem to be visiting my store (www.thenailsfactory.me). 800 visitors in one night. People have active carts, checking out - but no one is completing purchase. 

Does anyone know why? Could someone check out my store to give me some feedback? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
HerculesApps
Tourist
5 1 3

Hey,

I looked at your checkout and i saw that you have the express buttons in your checkout (Apple Pay). I think a lot of people think that this is the only payment method available in your online store. And that could be a reason why they don’t  complete their purchase.

There are some ways to hide the buttons in your store. The easiest is to install an app from the shopify App Store. 

I highly recommend our app EasyHide. You can try out the 7 days trial for free. And check you store analytic stats for increased completed purchases.

NikkiElizDeMere
Excursionist
66 6 29

@Ibrahimnaji0555 wrote:

Hey guys,

People seem to be visiting my store (www.thenailsfactory.me). 800 visitors in one night. People have active carts, checking out - but no one is completing purchase. 

Does anyone know why? Could someone check out my store to give me some feedback? 

Thanks!

Hi @Ibrahimnaji0555

I recommend adding a live chat functionality and/or exit-intent popup to gather qualitative data from your potential customers so :they: can tell you why they aren’t completing purchases. That, and you might be able to look into your quantitative data/analytics for more insights as to what’s going on. That said, gathering and analyzing both forms of data would be most helpful. 

Some thoughts: 

• Where is the traffic coming from? Is it “qualified”? (The right target audience, etc.)
  • Add photos of each product in context - for ex., someone with their nails done. People want to see exactly how the product will look if they purchase it. 
  • Gather more social proof in the form of written reviews, video reviews, photos taken by customers (create a unique hashtag and encourage them to use it and tag you on Instagram, etc.).
CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
520 49 170

Hi @Ibrahimnaji0555

Have seen your store and it looks great.

However, I have some comments for you:

1. Homepage:

- I only see one banner with the "scroll down" message. I think you should have more sliders that show some specific products. 

- You can add the Quickview or Quickbuy buttons for your products to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

- Add the CTA buttons for those sections like this one. 

AllFetch_0-1618796626071.png

- On your homepage, you're lacking two sections in my opinion: 

+ The Review section to increase your social proof. 

+ Section shows the benefits when shopping at your store. 

- You can think about turning your Instagram feed you are having into a selling point. This can increase your sales and conversion rates. You can see an example below: 

The app Shoppable Instagram Feed will help you have one with ease.  

AllFetch_1-1618797079561.png

2. Product page: 

- It would be great if you can have more than one product image. Some lifestyle photos are great. 

- There is quite awkward here. I think the message should be Buy 3 - Pay 2!

AllFetch_2-1618797340327.png

- Keep your add-to-cart button visible by adding a Sticky Add to Cart bar. 

- Add more reviews. They will help a lot.

3. Other: 

- Can you specify in what steps do your customers exit in the checkout process? If it's on the information step. You can use an app that can help you get back your abandoned carts. 

- There are many reasons that your customers can exit even they're in the checkout process:

+ The prices are not suitable. 

+ Not enough social proof. 

+ Shipping information is not clear.

Maybe you can check those aspects. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
0 Likes

Hi @Ibrahimnaji0555

This is PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App. When the website gives visitors bad UX with bad UI, it can stop you from making more sales. I would like to give you some recommendations for optimizing your store more. I hope that my commendations are helpful to you. Before that, these are Conversion Rate Optimization Best Practices: 12 Chapter Checklist for you to get more information on how to increase the conversion rate for your store.

1. Homepage: 

1.1 Add the sticky menu:

PageFly_0-1618796500166.png

When you make the sticky menu, it will help the visitors easily access any links, pages, and functions like search, sign in, cart. The more convenience you give the visitors, the higher the conversion rate can be. It is also a great thing that you put the search bar in a clear shape and visible for people to notice. 

Also, the logo is small and blends in the banner so I recommend you to make the menu with a white background or transparent colors and add more categories like the products, home, best collection, about us, etc.

1.2 Add a favicon to your store

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add... 

1.3 Make a clear search box:

The search box is an important part of any store. Many visitors will leave your store when they can't find what they want.

Currently, your search element is an icon next to the "Add to cart" button. I recommend you put the search as a search box in the sticky menu instead of the hero banner.

1.4 Add the CTA in the hero banner: 

PageFly_1-1618797723641.png

The scroll-down text is not really standing out. I recommend you can put a CTA button here to attract visitors at the 1st sight. 

1.5 Adjust the layout of the collection: 

PageFly_2-1618801065636.png

The space between your Heading with the previous section is too wide. You can consider adjusting the space there or the best way is to put 1 line description there for your collection. Also, the space between your logo above the products and other parts is also large. You can remove this since it makes the page longer and visitors need to scroll more to see all the information in 1 part. 

It is a good thing to put the star reviews in each product. However, I recommend you to put to CTA button below the reviews as well so the visitors can easily add to cart or buy any products at that time without going to the product page. 

1.6 Put important ATC button:

PageFly_0-1618801540059.png

Putting the ATC button here so the visitors can access the collection right away. 

1.7 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can use a slideshow to show testimonials, let consult my Casen template. With the current testimonial right now, you can make it as auto slides and putting some images into that. 

PageFly_1-1618801687365.png

1.8 Add newsletter/ signup form

This is an important factor for an online store to collect customers' emails so you can send them campaign information or any store updates.

You can put the form on the footer or near the bottom of the home page.

2. Collection page: 

I choose the page offers to review: https://www.thenailsfactory.me/collections/the-french-collection

2.1 Have secondary hover images for the product list

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product, and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers.

2.2 Use Load more

Currently, you are not using any loading more or pagination for your collection page. It might make it inconvenient for the visitors when they have to scroll too much. You can alo consider putting the filters for choosing the categories related to that (by prices, popularity, colors, etc). 

3. Product page

I take this page for example https://www.thenailsfactory.me/products/the-ecliptic-almonds

3.1 Add more images of the real models

With beauty products, it's really important to have human models on the product images.

To approximate the information such as length, overall fit, your store really needs to provide images of the product being worn on a human model because if some of the customers take a lot of time to think about how the nails look like in their hands, they can stop buying and find other websites.

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. I also have a post of feedback on good factors of a high-converting store, you can check here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Store-Feedback-by-Shopify-Expert/td-p/1036094

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Your store shows a lot of your efforts! I wish you all the best!

Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
756 90 243

Hey @Ibrahimnaji0555,

I've taken a look through your store. Hopefully I can provide some insight here.

nails-01.png

First, the store look great - well done on the professional design. That picture is great and I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in purchasing the nails the model is wearing, however, I cannot find them in your store. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products (which you have, well done), a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Make sure that Shop Now button leads them to where they can find the pictured nails. Here is an example of a banner implementing the three recommendations:

macarons-04.png

Next, when you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). For you, I can definitely say shipping cost is costing you conversions and likely product price as well.

I'm in Canada so the cost to ship is $45. The total is $74.99 USD so after the conversion, that'd be $93.97 total for one set. I would definitely look into how you can lower shipping costs or remove the option to ship outside your country for now if you cannot. 

nails-02.png

The other thing is pricing. There is no price difference between your nails with the fancier designs and the one color nails. There is also some confusion on your discounts. You are advertising "Buy 3 Get 1" and then under the product descriptions you have "Buy 2 Get 1".

screencapture-thenailsfactory-me-products-the-matte-aqua-2021-04-19-10_13_31 (1).png

Press on nails are very commonly sold, so I would recommend really emphasizing what it is that sets your nails apart. Tell visitors what your process is, how much longer they last, how they don't chip. I see you have some of this information in your product descriptions but I would really emphasize this information throughout your store so that people know without hesitation why they should purchase from you vs. your competitors.

I would recommend utilizing Shopify's sales channels to connect your Instagram account to your store, that way you can tag your products and lead visitors to checkout on the nails they see on your social pages. You can also expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes