Clothing Brand help!

7 0 0

Hi everyone! I have been having trouble getting sales on my store. Its been about 6 months and I have only received a handful of sales. I have over 2k followers on instagram and the feedback has been good but it isn't converting. I have used facebook ads, instagram ads, influencers and a few people on fiverr promoting traffic ( wouldn't recommend that one lol ). Please any advice to turn my store around would be greatly appreciated!

instagram: @dsnr.clothing

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 40

Hi, Reggie!

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

I had a look at your store and on your Instagram. Your branding is consistent and it looks like you have a decent following growing. 

However, just because someone follows you on Instagram, doesn't necessarily mean they're your target market who will purchase from your store. They could simply be fans, but not customers. This is a common misconnection for a lot of e-commerce stores today. A lot of the time followers will like your aesthetic or messaging behind your brand, however, the products themselves do not fit their values. This article explains the relationship between Instagram followers and revenue and how to optimize this. 

Researching your niche is essential for product market fit. Asking yourself questions like: Is there a demand for the product you're selling? What is the true value of your offering? Is your product unique enough, and if not are there certain business models you can use to increase the value of your offering? For example, a free motivational poster with every t-shirt purchased.  I recommend everyone starting an e-commerce store read this article: Ten Mistakes I Made Running Two Online Stores (And How You Can Avoid Them).

When using ads to drive traffic to your site, it's so important you focus on the quality of that traffic. 
The reality is not all traffic is not created equal. It takes some manual labor to figure out what's your best stream of traffic for your store and how to communicate effectively with your new found audience. Have a read of this article which goes over the detail about sourcing higher quality traffic: The Beginner's Guide to Getting More High Quality Traffic.

Finally, I'll leave you with this information on Defining Your Audience: Strengthen Customer Messages With Target Marketing, along with this podcast for Using Customer Profiles as a Filter for Making Better Business Decisions.

To recap on promotional efforts, it's so important that you do some in-depth research to figure out your potential customers. This will allow you to have a more effective marketing plan!

As far as your store goes, it looks very professional! Laid out nicely, has a good flow and unique imagery. Your collections are organized well and your product descriptions are convincing. 

A couple things I would change - hide the product reviews until you have some real reviews from customers. Once you start getting sales you can send review emails out to get their feedback then use this on the site. It's better than having empty reviews at the moment. Secondly, the "Just Purchased" pop up on the left-hand side of the site can come across spammy and you risk instantly losing customers when they see this old trick in the book. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions. 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
318 1 21

Hi There,

I have checked your store and it looks great. Below are my findings.

- Provide estimated delivery date of product.

-Add trust badges like Secured seal, money back guarantee. You can check the below link for related apps https://apps.shopify.com/search/query?utf8=?&q=trust 

- You can check our photo review app https://apps.shopify.com/myreviewfy to get reviews in attarctive layouts with images.

Thanks,
MyReviewfy.

https://apps.shopify.com/myreviewfy
0 Likes
Excursionist
56 0 9

Hi Reggie, 

To start with, your store looks good. I observed that you have an email pop up. Assuming that you have now built a good marketing list in 6 months, are you sending them offers and updating them when new products are added? 

Have you tried running a contest on your socials? You could make it more interactive, nudge users to participate and the winner could probably get a special offer. 

You can check out this article on Tactics to make users convert on your store and see if you have missed out on something. 

Just curious, have you given push notification a shot? You can check out some case studies to know how they have helped in increasing sales. 

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes
7 0 0

Lisa: Wow! Thank you for the in-depth break down, I am going to start reading those articles right now! I also removed the pop up app I could see how that looks spammy. I have started running some ads on instagram and facebook but I will do more research as to what group to tartget. I was currently targeting Creatives (Designers, Photographers, Musicians etc) but no luck yet. 

Pravya: I unfortunately don't have too many emails, I only get about 15 - 20 vistors a day organically and I dont have much money for ads. I will try creating a contest like you said and see how that works. Is there a push notification app you recommend?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 9

Hi Reggie,

Increase followers on your socials and then interact with them. Make it a point to follow at least 10-15 people every day. 

As for web push notifications, you can give iZooto a spin :) 

All the best with your store! 

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes