Confused as to why I have no orders

Highlighted
6 0 0

I am looking for some honest feedback on my store.

I came from having a very successful Etsy shop.  I decided to move to Shopify because the fees I was paying Etsy were getting out of hand with the more sales I made.

I opened a basic shop using the Debut theme.  To the eye, I don't see anything wrong with it. I am getting an average of 400 views a day from Pinterset marketing. I've been open a week but no sales.

Why do you think?!

www.lipstickandtees.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 105

Hi, @lipstickandtees.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. I'm happy to provide some feedback to your store. 

Thank you for providing your store URL. I took a look at your store and I can see that it is well-designed. You have some really descriptive copy of the value that your products bring to your customers, and I can see that you have added your policies, contact page and an about us page. These are important to help your customers get the information they need to understand what they can expect from your store.

Can you tell me more about the Pinterest Marketing that you're doing? Do you have a target audience in mind? 

Once I have more details from you, I can provide you with some more guidance and resources. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Tina!

Well this sounds promising.  I  run ads on Pinterest, and have built 430 K monthly viewers and maintain a good CTR.  They are coming to my site, just not purchasing or even adding to cart.  When I had my pinterest ads linked to my Etsy, I would make lots  of sales on their platform. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 13 32

Hi there,

Iris here from the Support team. Thank you for reaching out to us today! I'm more than happy to provide you with some feedback.

Here are some observations and tips to help you with your storefront:

LOGO

Have you thought about creating a bigger logo? or creating one that is more visible? you can use Hatchful, this app is free and supported by Shopify. There are hundreds of designs to choose from.
I have found this great blog that talks about the importance to have the right logo, check it out.

FONT

I think the size of the letters is too small and the current font overlay to be hard to read. A blunter and bolder font would be better than a script-like font. It's important to keep your font and text legible so that customers can get the information they need. The right font helps you to build a better shopping experience.

I encourage you to check this blog about The 65 Most Inspiring and Successful Shopify Stores. Review some of the stores and think why you like them, this will help you to get some ideas about the design.

SLIDESHOW

I would like to see you showcase some of your products in your slideshow. I have to scroll down the page to see any of the items you're selling, or even what kinds of products you offer. This area is probably the most important as it is where visitors make their first impression, and I think it could work better to show off product images without the need to scroll or move to another page.

I would recommend you check your theme editor to see if you have this option to create a slideshow. Most themes should allow you to add multiple images but if your theme doesn't have this option, there are a few apps that can help you with this.

REVIEWS

I do like the focus on customer reviews and testimonials, but these could be moved lower on the page to make the products more of the focus. These resources would be helpful when adding a review functionality to your storefront:

TRAFFIC

As you mentioned you had good traffic your first month, but no sales yet. I would recommend you to check your analytics and see why customers are leaving without buying anything. There is a great blog about this called "Driving Traffic but No Sales?".

You can also check out the app, Lucky Orange which helps you to track customer's behavior so that you can troubleshoot why customers may be leaving your website without going through with their purchase.

PINTEREST

Since my colleague Tira asked about Pinterest, I'm going to recommend to you a few resources that I have found. 

Regarding your question, I think you need to find out where your customers are leaving your website and why, are they adding products to the cart? Check the number of abandoned carts first and/or install an app to see how your customers behave. 

I hope this has been helpful and congratulations on your store.

Iris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Lipstick and Tees,

There is a lot of empty space on the header top.  So in order to overcome this issue, The logo should be shifted slightly towards the left and the main menu and sidelinks slightly upwards and the central banner should also be shifted somehow upwards accordingly to neutralize the empty space on the header top which otherwise looks quite awkward. Other important points to be taken care of are as follows:

1. A home button needs to be added at the beginning of the main menu for ease of navigation to the homepage.
  2. The search landing page is disabled.
  3. The correct statement to be written in the header template for highlighting the discount offer should be as follows:(Use code WELCOME for 15% off your first order).
  4. The discount offer need not to be included in the footer when it is already been already highlighted in the header.
  5. After removing the discount offer from the footer, the correct order of placement of footer elements should be as follows: "Quick Links, Read our Etsy Reviews, Newsletter".
  6. Apart from adding reviews on the homepage, add them below the respective products to improve customer choice.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store gains more customer traffic along with a lot of sales.

Neha :) 

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 1 4

Cool shop! I could see this doing well, especially with your audience coming from Pinterest. It doesn't sound like traffic is an issue, so I'd continue working on your site's design. Here are a few things you can try. 

As mentioned your header is very big, remove any unnecessary white space. You want to capture your audience's attention right off the bat, so try and get as much as you can "above the fold". You might also want to try removing the carousel and replacing it with an image of your best selling item. Make sure you also add a clear "Call to Action" button. Try using a big, purple button that says "Buy Now" and have that link to your best seller's product page. The idea here is to give your visitor a clear way to add items to their cart. If they are having trouble, they'll likely bail. Make it easy for them with big, clear buttons. Here's an example of what it might look like:

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.25.16 PM.png

I'd also work on your imagery. You want to make sure your site looks cohesive. You can do this by making sure that all of the images are the same height and width. Take a look at resizing each image so that they match. The page layout will look nicer that way. 

One last thing is your font. The font is super cute, but honestly, kinda hard to read. Your customers might be struggling to read the text under your product images, which could cause some confusion. Try using a font that's more legible. 

I've attached some images below... I hope that helps! 

libstick_tees_updates_2.pnglibstick_tees_updates3.pnglipstick_tees_updates.png

Alex Daro | Founder/Developer @ newclick.io
Looking to Schedule Your Shopify Theme?
Check out Theme Scheduler Pro
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
277 13 54

Hi Lipstickandtees !

Nice shop and it seems going well. You have audience coming from Pinterest. It doesn't sound like traffic is an issue, so continue working on your site's design. There are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header & Footer :

Customize your header and footer with specific functionalities. Your header should offer a smart search bar where people can type in the products they’re looking for. Also your header is too broad it must be sleek so that it can be more professional and responsive. Example of Good Header 

Also, create a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator and let your social links open in a new tab so your customers don’t have to leave your store to check your social media pages. Footer can be more professional and your newsletter must be highlighted so people who follow can have the your brand can subscribe to receive more updates.

Home Page :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Your Unique value proposition(USP) should be highlighted on your homepage.  Announcement bars, product slideshows, featured collections  and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions. Your homepgae must be fully sorted right now its not in a rhythm  Example of Nice Home page  

Collection Page :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views,2nd image on Hover,announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.  Example of Good Collection Page 

Product Page :

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, unique product titles/descriptions, product tabbing, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page 

I’d suggest you to try our all-in-one app, MS Complete Cart Customizer that also includes the Sticky Cart feature where your customers can easily see the total number of items in their cart right on the product page. This improves user experience as they don’t have to go back and forth from the product to the cart page and vice versa.

Cart Page :

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. You can also install the all-in-one MS Complete Cart Customizer app If you want to get all these features and more in 1 app so you can easily reduce cart abandonment & improve conversions.

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store.  Example of Good Functional Cart Page

Integrations on your store :

How do you plan to monitor your site performance and track conversions? 

Simply set up and integrate Google Analytics, Facebook Conversion tracking and Google Search Console with your store and get to know who is visiting your store, their demographics, which of your Facebook page viewer converts into your buyer and your store’s ranking, impressions & clicks  on Google. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

1. Sale Pop up Must be included for creating the urgency among the buyers to buy the products
  2. There needs to be a strong color coordination among all the colors used on your store. Try to use the same or similar colors used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  3. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  4. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed.  Make your site mobile-friendly. Sample
  5. Speed must be optimised mobile speed is too low its 24 and that putting your customer off due to lazy load.
  6. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font and color coordination.

Hopefully I managed to help you. Hope your store starts getting sales very shortly.

Good Luck :)

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 7

Below I list some of my favorite Shopify hacks to increase your conversion rate. I hope it helps you

Improve your page speed

Your page loading time is key for good user experience and by far the most important factor when it comes to Conversion Rate Optimization. There are many tools to check your page speed, for example Google Lighthouse

It already gives you a recommendation about the parts, which need to be improved. I would suggest outsourcing this task.

Reduce your images

The size of your images is the most important factor when it comes to page speed optimization. There are a couple of plugins to help you with that.

Do a proper QA

Check your site on all devices, screen sizes and browser engines.

etc..

I collect some articles which I think it's valued when I research conversion rate. If you want them, send an email to me. I'll send them to you. 

my email:songfei@trackingmore.org

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
46 0 1

Hi, 

I had a look at your store and I must say it looks awesome.

In order to get sales and more visitors at your store you can also start with Google ads, with a very minimum spend. You can target keywords like "fashion tees", "motivational tees", "printed tees" and start with campaigns.

You can also use Google ads with smart shopping form AdNabu which will reduce your hassle of creating campaigns.

AdNabu helps E-commerce business power up their Google Ad Campaigns to increase their sales and reduce their cost per sale.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @lipstickandtees ,

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers. 

Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes