I have had my store open for 5 months now. Why haven't I received a sale? What am I doing wrong? Could someone guide me in the right direction?
Thank you for your help
I saw your Website and I have few tips for you
1. make the navBar sticky to the top for easy navigation.
2.You should make your buttons more pointment
please contact with me via email so I can give more tips for free
my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
or reply to me with your email and I will contact with you
I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.
First, I really like your handmade items - really unique and I think a lot of people would be interested in purchasing them. There are a few issues here - 1. I don't think your target audience is finding you and 2. I think the first impression of your website is turning people off.
If I was you, I'd hop on TikTok and show yourself wearing the headbands and turbans with matching masks. You could also do sped-up videos of you creating these items. Before you do this though, you need to work on your website's first impression.
When you are designing your store, put all personal preference aside for colors and fonts and focus on what is going to appeal to your target audience instead. Most themes come pretty "out of the box" ready, I'd leave most colors as they are and then change things like button colors or navigation bar colors to add a pop of color.
Here are a few free themes we recommend:
That main image at the top is prime real estate for selling. I'd swap that image out for one that shows your unique products instead. Instead of having your store name and the tagline "Enjoy a YOU-nique Shopping Experience!" I would instead tell the visitor what your store is about and have a call to action such as "Shop Now".
The link at the top - "Mommy's Girl Collection" leads to the homepage, I'd adjust that to lead to the right place. "Collections" I would rename "Shop".
You need to create separate product listings for each of the items you have under "Mommy's Girl Collection". You have them listed as variants when they should be their own products.
If you want all of these products to all be under a collection "Mommy's Girl", we show how to do that in this video:
Currently you have phone as a required field, I would change this as it may cause some people to abandon cart if they don't want to share that information.
Shipping, I would tighten up the options. Maybe offer standard, priority and express. That's enough to give people some price and time variation.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @Calipeach, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- Add a favicon.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- You should have a wide range of products. Internet shoppers will likely spend more time and more money on your online store if you have a wide variety of products to offer. If you only have a limited range of offerings, you might miss out on making sales.
- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the home page.
- You need to make your store aesthetically appealing.
Make your store engaging. Add customer engagement tools in your store:
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
- Add countdown timer bar to create curiosity among customers to make a purchase.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, making a purchase, visiting a store, and many more.
This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!