Constructive Criticism*

ProdigyX6217
1 0 0

Hi Shopify community,

Made my first Shopify store in Dec. 2020. (domdomdom.me)*

I would love some feedback on areas of improvement.

Tips, Tricks, Questions and Criticism are welcome.

0 Likes

Dear @ProdigyX6217 

Congratulations on your store!

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Improve your logo and add favicon
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • At footer

yofooter.png

• Highlight your USP
  • Do Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, instagram store, google search console
  • Go for SEO (On page)
  • Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

• Images can be better at the collection page
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.
Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2414 141 439

Hello @ProdigyX6217, I hope you are doing well! I reviewed your store and I have some quick tips and suggestions that you can implement in your store:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code and give loyalty points on sign up which will help you to increase the number of email subscribers. 

- To get more reviews, you can send review request emails and reminders. Also, give loyalty points to customers on leaving a review which will help you to increase the number of reviews.

- Engage customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notification, leaving a review, and visiting a store. In this way, the number of push subscribers will increase, reviews will increase, newsletter subscribers will increase. You can send push notifications to your customers in real-time which will help you to bring back visitors to your store and will help in winning back the losing customers. 

- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product to someone.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @ProdigyX6217,

Congratulations on your very first store with Shopify! I have spent time wandering around your store, and I can see all the hard work and love you have put into it. I like the simplicity vibe of the site, which makes me feel like wandering around a local store.

As there’s always room for improvement, so for recommendations, I have some comments to your Home page if you are interested:

1, The Contact Us tab is standing alone on the menu bar, which makes it unbalanced. Please consider moving it next to Household tab. This can regain balance and also narrow down the size of the menu, leaving more space for hero banner.  

You can also try semi-transparent background for the menu which helps widen the hero banner even more.

PageFly_0-1611312591541.png

2, The hero image does not tell clearly what your store sells, and the words on the image are overlapping the headings. Our goal here is only by a quick glance, the hero banner can create a strong impression on customers - first impression can affect whole users’ experience.

My suggestion is use a bespoke image with no words on it. Instead of using an image with “shop local”, we can optimize it with an image showing a local store. Here are some examples that you can refer to:

PageFly_1-1611312591694.png

Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/7KkDiSs5UdQ

PageFly_2-1611312591679.png

Souce: https://unsplash.com/photos/wh9I0jokix8

PageFly_3-1611312591227.jpeg 

Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/s9rsYu-BYNo 

3, There are 2 featured collections on the same Home page, named “Shine bright like a diamond” and “Featured Collection”. Please consider using only one of them to prevent redundancy.

• The “Shine bright like a diamond” section in fact navigates customers to the list of every product, not only piercing but also watches, phone cases, wigs, etc. Naming this section like this can mislead your customers, thus increasing bouncing rate when they cannot find their wanted products. Please consider changing the details of the collection to prevent misunderstanding

• The “Featured Collection” is in fact a featured products section. Currently I see you have 3 collections: Women’s, Men’s and Accessories. Try creating a 3-column layout for this section to display your 3 collections. You can take this section as a references:

PageFly_4-1611312591552.png 

See the whole template here at: https://pagefly.link/CdkSyTyc 

4, Add Newsletter registration form into Coming Soon section. The meaning of this section is to keep customers curious and informed about your store news, and there is no better method than customer form. Adding the form can also make use of the blank space in this section, make it more meaningful. 

PageFly_5-1611312591570.png

Above are some of my recommendations for your store, hope you can find them helpful! You can give it a like if you find it useful or mark as the solution if it answers your question.

Hope your business is successful and gain more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector