Constructive Feedback on My Store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys I'm new to Shopify and I'v created my first store and I need some constructive feedback before I start my marketing campaigns.

Here's the link to my website:

https://www.beautyandbeholders.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Really good looking store! I love your products selection too.

Almost all of your items are on sale - that can affect your credibility as a retailer.

People might not feel the discounts are genuine, or that they get real knock-off prices. Be very scarce with your discounts, and offer only 10% of products on sale at a time. People will then be more prone to buy items on sale.

Also, I would rename "Products" on the Collection page to something more SEO-friendly, like "Storage Boxes" or "Beauty Organizers":

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.33.18.png

It will help Google place you in more relevant results, which will help you get more relevant traffic, more likely to convert.

Here are a few guides that might help:

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 431

Hey Beauty and Beholders,

What a wonderful start! You have really invested a lot of effort in designing your store layout and niche. But, some basic elements are missing. To know them, look into the below-mentioned pointers :

• "Unnecessary empty space " is present on either side of the product page. Adding a "strip of product images" on both sides would help.
  • "Trust Badges" are the true indicators of the "site authenticity".
  •  "About Us"  should reflect the store's origin and the ideas to succeed as well.
  • Adding some "professional beauty photographs" will impart life to it.
  • The addition of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter business pages to your site footer is the most popular way of coming in the mind and sight of the customers.
  • "Favicons enhance the user experience and eCommerce websites need this usability feature for easy identification".
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May luck bestow you with your first sale soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

That you for the feedback! It really means a lot as I've made changes according to the feedback and feel like I can start my marketing campaigns soon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 431

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
145 2 9

Hi. Congratulations on your first new store!

I have taken a look at your store. It looks pretty good over all. While since you have a global markets, it's better presenting location specific content to each individual customers based on visitor locations, engaging visitors seamlessly and converting to potential sales. You have provided the multiple currency selector at the top of home page. But It is possible if a visitor in Australia goes direct to your products page seeing price with GBP, only find it irrelevant and leave the site. You may potentially use Geo Redirect tool to auto direct your visitors to correct URLs(like correct currencies) based on their locations. You can simply set up redirecting tools. No code is necessary.

Another one, at the top of homepage, instead of showing "Free Shipping worldwide", you could display "Free Shipping to Australia" if your visitor is in Australia, or "Free Shipping to US" if a visitor is in the US. In this way, it shows you greetings and customised services to your visitors. Similarly, Geo Content tool can help achieve this goal by altering almost any content as location specific.

For more details about geo marketing strategies, you can look at the post:https://geotargetly.com/blog/how-does-a-geotargeting-website-help-increase-conversions

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
154 13 32

Hello @MichaelE1 

Congratulations on your store page! I really like the theme of the store. The colour scheme and your logo is really nice. Made me want to stay on the page and explore more. So that's great! There are some things that you could improve though. I am adding them below.

1. On your homepage, make the top navigation bar fixed - even if the person scrolls down they should be able to navigate to the rest of the pages without having to go to the top. 
    2. The Contact us and About Us links appear twice in the footer section. Do check that. 
    3. I think we could use a wishlist or an Add to Favourites button. This will allow you to send more targeted follow up emails to your shoppers and even notify them if you're running any offers or sales. 
    4. You could also think of adding a section of instagram posts or blog posts that talk about products and beauty tip so you can engage with the community of shoppers better.
    5. You could add some kind of urgency by adding stickers or labels to highlight things like sale/trending/free shipping. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. What do you think? You can always look up some styles here.  

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Garima

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes