Constructive criticism?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I've received about 500 visitors, but have only gotten one sale (within the first hour of launching). My cost per click is less than $0.15. I've been told that's exceptional, but it's not converting. I'm not complaining. I know it takes hard work and dedication, and I'm willing to put in the time and effort. I'm just looking for any ways I can improve.

A few things I am aware of:

• Mobile page speed -- I've minified, deferred offscreen images with lazy loading, optimized image size, and yet I still can't pass 20. (I'm open to any suggestions there)
  • Most products don't have custom product descriptions -- I'm gradually adding them to all products eventually. (I only advertise products with descriptions)
  • Product images -- they are all imported from aliexpress. Is it a necessity to take your own images even if they are already decent quality?
  • Facebook page -- it is new and is not fully fleshed-out yet. (I'm getting there)

I'm getting decent engagement on my boosted posts and like I said, I'm getting clicks, but I've only received one order throughout the entirety of this first week in business.

I recently added reviews and I think that will be a big helper going forward. After adding those, I got my first add-to-cart after a 450-visitor drought within 10 minutes, but during those 10 minutes, 100 people did not convert.

90-95% of my traffic is on mobile so if you guys could look at it from that angle that'd be most helpful. All help is appreciated!

dekastones.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gjh 

Congrats on your store, it's really nice that you have high quality images, they are helpful for visitors to take a close look at the product and see details.

I usually use a tool to check page speed, it's clear and easy to follow for non-tech people. You can see your page speed result here (for mobile) https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/frezcvo84g

Some actionable steps are:

- Find hidden images and remove them from your page: on your home page, you have 11 hidden images (check the link I sent above)

- Enable lazy loading for your page: It can be done via coding or if you can use page builder that has lazy feature, the app I am working for (PageFly) has it and you can enable it with one click or any other page builder you like to use

For Product page:

- Provide image(s) where you have models put on the jewelry, it helps visitor evaluate the size and how it could look like on themselves.

- Make the main CTA outstanding: You have 2 buttons looking quite the same for me, it doesn't really tell me where to click. So I'd suggest, for example: if Buy Now is the main CTA, add the cart button can have white background with Black text.

Image from iOS.png

-  You are selling ring, and it has size but I couldn't find instructions or guides to know which is my size. I'd recommend you add a size chart on the product page; or attach a link to a page where you explain about size. 

General:

- Check your responsiveness on different phones as from mine, I found some alignment and font issue ( the review font isn't consistent in all pages):

Slack _ Ha Anh (Hailey) _ BraveBits _ 2 new items 2020-09-22 10-43-38.pngSlack _ Ha Anh (Hailey) _ BraveBits _ 2 new items 2020-09-22 10-44-03.pngSlack _ Ha Anh (Hailey) _ BraveBits _ 2 new items 2020-09-22 10-44-19.png

And final words: I don't really understand your target audience or your niche, but the theme and the main color (dark gray) aren't really aesthetic appealing for me, experimenting another theme or brand color can help as well.

I hope those ideas can be useful. If they are, please like (and mark it as solution) Thank you in advance

Have a nice day and best of luck to you!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
247 9 73

Hey there @gjh Here's what I'd like to add on to the trial - 

1. You need to add pages that are about your shipping, product, and privacy policy. I guess you've forgotten to add those pages. 

2. Your store looks good in mobile view - images are fine, and you've added recommendations that are great! 

3. I guess you forgot to add a favicon to your store?!

4.  I guess there's something wrong with Google pay? This is what I'm getting - 

Mihir_Gupta__0-1600756489404.png

Rest, your store looks pretty fine to me. Just wait for some time and see the response of people! I'd like to ask you what are you doing for social media promotion? And if you can have a blog section, it'll be great because then your store would rank pretty fast in the SERPs. Did you submit your store's sitemap to Google? 

I'm from CedCommerce - a group of tech enthusiasts who are always there to add wings to your Shopify store!

From customizations in your store to making customized apps, and help you in selling on more than 60+ global marketplaces!

As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey

It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce! 

Ps. We're just a message away!

Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
387 40 128

Hi @gjh

Have seen your store and have some suggestions for you: 

- About your loading size time, especially on mobile, I suggest you can use some third-party apps to find the reasons and solutions faster. 

- About product images. it is very necessary to have your own photos. You can take a photo on your own or ask your customers for photo reviews. 

You can try to post product photos on your Instagram account which is also an amazing sales channel. After that, you can use a third-party app to create an Instagram gallery. I believe it's a good way to show your product photos. 

Check it out if you want to create one: Shoppable Instagram Gallery  

- You can try to add your story on your site. Why you start this business?

- I see some products are having very low sale prices. I think it can make your customers feel confused. 

You can try other ways to discount like registering emails for discount, referral events, etc. 

- And don't spend too much money on ads, just try to advertise your store and products on some related groups and forums. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
94 7 28

Hi @gjh 

Just had a look at your store and post. First of all, I would say carry on with your current efforts to drive traffic to your website consistently. In order to make conversions, I would recommend you to focus on your in-store marketing strategies as well. Those strategies will help you in winning your potential customers. Add an email marketing solution to send reminders and customized offers to your lost visitors. Moreover, since you have just launch your store, I would recommend to give additional discounts or discount codes to the audience. You can try CareCart for the email marketing and discount codes tactics. 

Add a Facebook live chat widget in order to establish direct connection with your website visitors. This will help you in taking your visitors queries and send them cuztomied offers. As soon as you get your first sale, integrate a social proof mechanism to show real-time sales notifications to your website visitors. Such practice always help in boosting the sales.

Addtionally, try to add a marketing video to your homepage to captivate your audience. Also, share organic content on your social platforms to generate 

Abandoned Cart Recovery by Email: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
412 16 87

Hi @gjh welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times.

1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.

------> Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.

------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here

3. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello.

I just wanted to let you know that I quickly looked on your home page and saw that under the slider, the three collections you have listed are not rendering properly. You can't read the complete text of the words. Just a heads up.

Randy 

0 Likes