Constructive feedback please !

amberroseg
5 0 0

We just opened an online presence at www.thegardenroomstore.com - for our brick and mortar location (been in business for 10 years) Yesterday. We’ve been online with it and advertising through our social media and in-store Flyers for 30 hours now. So far we’ve had about 200 visitors, 14 add to their carts, 9 make it to checkout, and 2 actual sales (well, 3 but one was an employee).

I recently changed our flat rate shipping from $10 to starting at $6 because I noticed so many small carts (under $30) were being abandoned right at checkout and assumed that’s due to shipping rate aversion. 

Just looking for any general feedback on what we can improve based on first impression. 

0 Likes
amberroseg
5 0 0

Both sales were yesterday. Today’s conversion:

371F232C-A936-44EA-87CC-7B9021C9490B.png

0 Likes
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
542 50 200

Hi @amberroseg

Congratulations on your Shopify store! 

Have seen your store and I think I have some suggestions to help you improve: 

- Your menu is having too many parts. The maximum is five. You can consider using a mega menu. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1602642458641.png

- Your banner has too many details. This can make your customers feel quite confusing at first glance. 

I think you should consider having a simple one. Also, you need to add texts and the CTA button for your banner.

- Maybe you can consider changing this font because it makes some texts quite hard to read. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1602642995432.png

And do you sell any dropshipping products? If you're selling ones, I think you should get rid of those products because they will make your store look less consistent. 

- On your product pages, I think you need to add some sections. 

+ Quantity section

+ More product description

+ More product photos. Only 1 is not enough. It would be great if you have more real-life photos. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1602643271114.png

- I think you're having too many texts in this section. Just describe in a short way. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1602643594672.png

- I think this section should be moved up or replaced the reviews section. And add Quickview buttons to allow your customers to more product details faster.

ConveyLego0612_4-1602643721073.png

- You have an advantage that you can take more and more real-life product photos because you're having them in your store, right? So I think you need to have a gallery that shows many real-life photos. 

An Instagram gallery can be a good way to do that. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It has a free plan for you to try. Of course, you need to build your Instagram first. 

- I cannot see any discount events at your store. I think you should use some to see how it works. 

Or using some upsell and cross-sell methods, discount bundles. There are many ways for you to attract your customers and encourage them to buy. 

Hope this helps!

10 years is an amazing journey! Try to keep it up!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
927 25 310

Hi @amberroseg !

You do not have any problems with a website optimization - the page speed and mobile speed is very good.

I like your logo - it is very interesting and eye-catchy. 

I could not find the sign-in/log in button (place it on the header on the right side). And you can implement social login - your customer will be able to login by using their social media accounts. It will make the shopping experience more user-friendly, and you will be able to have your customer base- that it is very useful.

I love your hero banner image, however, I recommend adding clear CTAs. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes