Hi all, please checkout my store www.goodysshop.co.za and please be honest with some constructive criticism? Maybe some advice on making it better. It’s been a week open and no sales yet. I know it takes time but some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I have just took a look at your homepage and I want to give you some comments on it. Hope it helpful for you.
- Put the search field and cart icon in the menu bar. Make the menu sticky. Sticky header/menu helps customers easily access to menu navigation and see all product links or other pages you're having although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.
- Include CTA in your slideshow (I'd recommend you add the CTA button for each slide)
- You should add secondary hover image for each product + add star rating (when you have reviews) + Add To Cart button
- The Product Image should have same height (they will look more professional)
- About Us section: I think you should add 1-2 images there. It'll catch visitors attention more than just lines of text
- You should include Featured Product
- When you have rating and testimonial I'd like to recommend you to add another section for Testimonial and Social Proof
2. Collection Page
- Add secondary hover, CTA button underneath the Product
- Product pictures should be in the same height
3. Product Page
- You should ad 3-5 additional pictures underneath the main picture to provide extra angles to your visitors
4. Store speed
I also did a test on the store speed you can see result here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fu6axyhd3v (hint: you got high grade ^^). However, you should take care of the hidden image matter, since they are hidden they will affect your overall website look.
That's all I have to say, if you find it helpful please give me a like or mark this as solution! I don't know which app you're using to build your store but you can try the app I'm working on - PageFly.
Hello @roriekukard, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:
- There should not be a blank space in the header.
- Add a call to action button on the slideshow image.
- All the images must be aligned and of the same size.
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- Improvise the product description:
- Add web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Hi @roriekukard ,
There's already a few good criticism here regarding the store design. I also agree with them.
However, more than just the technical fixes, I want to give you some more advice to help you with your marketing as well:
1. Your product images need improving
It's nice that you already have clear images of what the product looks like. But for beauty products like these, we recommend sellers to focus more on what benefits the buyers will get from using the products.
Meaning the images you're showing right now are not showing buyers the promised effect of using these products.
Check out how brands like Revlon is advertising their hair products instead: images of models with beautiful hair next to the images of the products.
2. Similarly, the descriptions on your homepage and some of the product pages need rewriting.
Currently, the writing focus too much on who you are, and what you do.
Instead, try to focus the writing on the problems of the customers, and how you can fix them!
Try to visualize the effects of using your product, make your visitors imagine how amazing life would be if they buy this product from you.
Here's some good examples to follow:
We have some more advice on how to better design your product page here and in other articles on our blog. Give them a read if you need more help!
Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
I have a few recommendations design wise:
I'd recommend swapping the pink background out for a white one, it will look better with your product photos.
I'd also remove the black background from your logo and leave it as transparent instead.
The next thing I have to say has to do with your product choices. I'm not trying to discourage you, I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback.. there are already large, well-known companies (and Amazon) offering hair dryers, extensions and brushes. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.
A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.
If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. A good product choice should have these qualities:
I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:
Again, not trying to discourage you, genuinely want you to succeed.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!