Conversation Rate is 0% and Bounce Rate is above 90%

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!

I'm fairly new to shopify but I have taken the time to get used to the features of it. 

My store has only been open for just almost two days and I've seen almost 400 visitors from my facebook ads and I have absolutely no sales. One person has reached checkout and that's about it. I know it hasn't been very long but it has me a bit concerned.

I looked at my bounce rate for my store and it is insanely high, sitting at 91%. I'm not sure what I can do to lower it as my store loads up quickly in my opinion so I don't think that is the issue. 

I would love any types of feedback, I'm more than willing to learn. 

Here is my store URL: https://nwgeneral.com/

0 Likes

Hi @pnwnick ,

I've taken a look at your page for a few minutes. I must say that the page looks really nice but there are few glitches that can be fixed. Here's some of my recommendations:

Homepage: 

image.png

Visitors come to your page & they want to know immediately what this website is all about. They scroll down & when they see the newsletter, they assume that it's the end of the page. We should move it to a more appropriate place (for example: It could be placed before the footer or inside the footer to save space).

Homepage banner shows a mountain view, which I believe you can replace with a product image with a small CTA in order to make your brand proposition clearer.

image.png

The website is missing the favicon. It's one of the things that helps visitors to recognize the brand easier.

image.png

It seems like the homepage is under construction because the featured collection is looking like a featured product section. Please make sure that content on the page is aligned precisely with its purpose.

Product Page:

image.png

With Product Page, you can add & remove a few things. First, it seems like the description is too short that would miss a chance to convince people about your product quality. We should add more content inside product description (for example: Size & Fit, Origin, Feature & Function..etc).

Second thing, please consider adding countdown timer as a tactic to drive more sales to the product page. 

Last but not least, I think you should check out the reason for "the one person has reached checkout" by viewing from Orders > Abandoned Checkouts to make sure that there's no unexpected charge in the checkout page. People might abandon the cart for that reason.

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 431

Hey NW General,

The search landing page is disabled. Apart from that, a professional central banner should be added just below the logo and the main menu to impart a more decent and unique store look. Some other keen observations regarding store optimization are as follows:

1. "New Arrivals" should be added to the main menu to keep customers informed regarding the latest store trends and designs.
  2. "Amazing discounts" should also be highlighted on the header template apart from "Free Shipping" offers.
  3. Social links like Facebook, Instagram etc are a must for better customer connectivity.
  4. All footer links need to be vertically aligned for better placement and orientation.
  5. Footer links should be placed to the left, newsletter to the right while the social links should be placed below both of them.
  6. "Contact Us" should contain a contact form as well.
  7. For increasing site popularity, "bestsellers" are a must.
  8. "Sale" section is a must in the main menu to keep all discounted items together.
  9. For improving customer choice, Product Reviews are a must.
  10.  For promoting your brand effectively, Testimonials and Instagram images are essential.
  11. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  12. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store optimization leads to the conversion of visitor traffic to customer sales shortly.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1053 53 158

Hello @pnwnick,

Ads will help you to get good amount of visitors. But you need to make your store engaging enough to convert that traffic into prospective or paying customers. 

Being a single product store add a video displaying the product usage and features.

Chatbot- You should welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 7

Hi, @pnwnick 

This problem could be caused by many reasons. You can try these tips:

Improve your page speed

Your page loading time is key for good user experience and by far the most important factor when it comes to Conversion Rate Optimization. There are many tools to check your page speed, for example: Google Lighthouse

It already gives you a recommendation about the parts, which need to be improved. I would suggest outsourcing this task.

Reduce your images

The size of your images is the most important factor when it comes to page speed optimization. There are a couple of plugins to help you with that.

5second rule
 This is my favourite test – get a fresh pair of eyes to look at your site, turn off the screen after 5 seconds and ask them what your site was about. If they cannot answer it -> rework your site!

Watch your visitor
Use Hotjar. It’s the best tool, you can simply set up a tracking and watch you, customer, how he behaves on your site. You can also do Heatmaps which show you where people click and how deep down they scroll on your page.

The setup is free and it gives you 100 recordings for free. Plus some Heatmaps. You can also do a poll or survey with Hotjar, see my next point.

And we also developed an app called  About Abandoned Cart Web Push.  You can find it in Shopify stores. It will increase your conversation too.

0 Likes