Conversion/Not Getting Past Checkout

kyle2001hudson
Tourist
17 0 3

I think I have a good product, I’ve done basically no advertising or marketing for my site yet I still have gotten almost 1,000 visitors in 3 days, which I know isn’t a lot but the only marketing I did was a small Facebook ad for $20 over 4 days. I have maybe 2% of people adding to cart or getting to checkout. I know it’s only day 3 of my site and I still haven’t done really any marketing but if there’s any advice anyone can give on how to increase conversion rates or tell if there’s something wrong with my checkout it would be soooo appreciated! Thanks!

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 136 327

Hey @kyle2001hudson,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I'd be happy to take a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

When you post the URL, tag me by typing @EcomGeeks so I get a notification.

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
puneet_unbundl
Excursionist
34 3 9

Hi,

This is Puneet from unbundl. 

Congrats for opening your store and be able to get daily traffic. Many people do fail at this.

Coming back to your checkout. 2% Add to Cart is itself low in my opinion. It should be around 6-8% to get any conversion out of your traffic.

You might need to:

• Tweak your Fb campaign
  • Remove "language" option from header. It is very intrusive. 
  • Have a sticky Add to cart
  • You can not see the price, title etc in first fold of mobile view. Mobile is where the traffic is.
  • Add a features image in the product image

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks

0 Likes
kyle2001hudson
Tourist
17 0 3

Thanks for the reply! The URL is https://theprosteamer.com

0 Likes
kyle2001hudson
Tourist
17 0 3

Thanks for the reply! I saw you mention sticky cart or something like that and I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that. Also, would you recommend removing the language converter completely or just moving it to a different area?

0 Likes
kyle2001hudson
Tourist
17 0 3
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 136 327

Hey @kyle2001hudson,

pro-steamer-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

BUY NOW
Your buy now button should add the item directly to cart instead of leading to a products page where the person would need to click a second time. I'd recommend looking at https://www.buytruetouch.com/ for inspiration on the format for a one-product store.

PRODUCT VARIANTS
There is only one color so no need to have a dropdown selection for that. I'm not sure what a EU plug style is, I would clarify or have a photo that goes along with that section.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
If you are concerned that displaying longer shipping times will turn people off, what I would say is long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is. I’d also recommend taking a look at alternative suppliers. We did a video showing several USA suppliers that can get products to your customers faster:

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes