Conversion problem

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi there, I’m Dean a student who just launched an e-commerce business over roses/jewelries and original lightings. Please take a look at my website www.vdesroses.fr I launched It 2 weeks ago. I started advertising with Facebook and Instagram and managed to get an average of 30clients a day. Through statistics I can see that a lot of potential clients do add my products to their buying list but none of them do actually buy these products. For now I have had ~250 visitors but 0 selling. Can you highlight any problem on my website that would prevent people from paying ?
Sorry for my English mistakes and thank you for your help,
Greetings,
Dean.
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hey, Dean!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Your store's really chic (hopefully this translates well to French). I love the minimalistic layout and the way you organized your products. Here are some suggestions for your store:

1. The About Us page/section: Since your store is brand new, it's worthwhile to have a place dedicated to introducing yourself to the visitors. A well-written one can help you increase your credibility to the visitors. Just like when you're visiting a brick and mortar store, there are usually the sales associates greeting you and talking to you about the brand. In an online store, some visitors will want to know who you are and what your brand's about. At the moment, there's no way to find out who you are. Here's The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own).
  2. The Contact Us page/section: This is crucial to have just in case if the customers/visitors want to get a hold of you for any questions. Once your store starts selling, there'll be inevitably some order related issues. Also, some potential customers may have questions regarding a product. Without this page, there's no way to for the customers/visitors to discuss their questions with you. Here's How to Build a Top-Notch Contact Us Page for Your Online Store
  3. The product descriptions: Some of your products don't have descriptions. They also don't have the details (the composition and dimension of the products). When people are shopping online, this information is important so they can measure and see how the jewelry fit. Without this information, just by the pictures, a lady typically can't be sure since she wouldn't know how the model's size compared to hers, same goes with the composition. Some people are allergic to certain metals. It's important to keep the information consistent in your store. An informative product page can help you increase the conversion rate. Here's Product Page Tune-Up: 9 Timeless Ways to Increase Conversions.
  4. The favicon: Your store doesn't have a favicon at the moment. A favicon is a small square image or logo that appears on the browser tabs, as well as on browser pages that list web addresses, such as the bookmarks page. It helps strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website. Here's how you can add a favicon to your store.

These are the design tweaks I recommend you to go over when you have a moment. You mentioned that you started advertising with Facebook and Instagram. Is there a reason why your store doesn't have any social media links for the visitors? You can set the links up by Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize. Once in the theme editor, on the left side menu, click on Theme settings > Social media. Under Social Accounts, you can add the Facebook and the Instagram accounts there. You'd be surprised how many people will check out your accounts.

How familiar are you with the marketing strategy on both platforms? Shopify offers a great Facebook marketing blog and an Instagram marketing blog. If you're more of a visual learner, don't forget to check out our Academy. There are useful free courses on the topics, such as Grow Your Business with Instagram and E-commerce Email Marketing 101.

Have you been capturing the visitors' emails? "An ever-growing email list of qualified leads is a valuable asset for businesses of all kinds and sizes, especially when it comes to getting the most value out of paid advertising." (How Wee Squeak Captured Over 600 Emails Using Only $90 in Facebook Ads). You can create automated email marketing campaigns from the apps, such as Omnisend: Email Marketing, Klaviyo: Marketing Automation, and Smart Email Marketing.

The last tip before I let you go, I recommend you try out the three apps: Lucky Orange, Hitsteps Analytics, and Hotjar. These are great apps that can let you see heatmaps and videos of what your visitors do on the site. The results will offer you some great insights into where the customers are dropping off, and why they don't convert. Feel free to use each app by its free-trial period and remember to remove it before the trial period ends to avoid charges.

I hope that information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out! Alternatively, you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1802 30 198

Hello,

I Just had look into your store. I have few suggestions on your website. Please check this screenshot   https://paste.pics/b5210dd6a44eb26c55b0d84af07e4143. Your website menu(navigation) is not looking attractive.
Your website banner images are not appropriate and not looking good. The banner image is regularly the principal visual component a visitor experiences on the site. It exhibits an overview of the site's most vital substance. And I suggest you can use all banner image sizes are in equal. I suggest you can add product descriptions on products. Product description can likewise enable you to emerge from contenders by telling visitors what your item has that others don't!

I am unable to find your website Facebook page and Instagram pages. I suggest you can add your website social media pages in your store. If you want to increase your website conversions you need to increase your followers on social media pages. And I suggest you can add your store blog. It helps for increasing of Your SEO.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0
Hi Jason

Liked your feedback and need some help and your on to it... could you contact me if possible please
hayden@smartmount.nz
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hi, Hayden!

I've sent you an email inquiring more information. When you have a moment, feel free to reply to me there. I'd love to help you out!

Best,

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Jason, thank you for your answer, you gave me some precious advices.

Concerning the "About us" section, I'm using free templates which don't allow me to add full page images so I added a page with some text introducing us, and I added an image on my welcome page (just before the footer).

I also changed the theme. what do you think of It ?

I have a lot of work at school for now so I plan to study the other points of your answer later in the week.

I have a lot to ask and thank you for your help,

greetings,

Dean.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hi, Dean!

You're welcome! I'm glad you found my suggestions useful. I just checked on your store and I was very impressed at the improvement that you've made! 

I enjoyed the last image you added on your welcome page. I recommend you to go over the fonts here. 30_03-pb74f-24mz2

The fonts you choose can affect the visitor's emotion. It's crucial to keep the store's design coherent. Since the store is on a digital platform, you're speaking to your visitors through fonts, colors, design, and content. When you have so many different fonts altogether, it can become a little distracting. I recommend using the same font you have on the side menu for this section so it ties in better for your brand.30_33-5zr1s-ujwvs

As far as for the theme choice goes, the one you've picked is a little on the traditional side.  If you're open to update it, you can try out themes such as Brooklyn and Minimal. They offer similar minimalistic clean vibe but leaning toward more modern take of the navigation flow. 

Don't forget you can click on the post and mark the answer you like in Accept as Solution (and click Like on the post). This helps others when they are reading the posts to know which one is the most helpful for you. It's my pleasure helping you out! Good luck with your school work and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me by replying the thread here. I'd love to continue our conversation. 

Best,

Jason

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0
Hi Jason C I tried to reply to your email but not sure if you got it?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hi, Hayden!

I've already responded to you on the same evening. In my response, I went over what had happened and followed up with a few key questions. Could you double check your email's inbox, please (11863031)? My email was sent on Jan 30 your time. I'm waiting for your response from that email. If you had replied to that email, I haven't received anything yet. Keep me posted!

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi appfreaker. Sorry for answering that late. I'm currently in my final exams period and I'm very busy.

First of all thank you for your answer I a very grateful for this. I changed my website considering your comments. What do you think of It now ?

Greetings,

Dean.

0 Likes