Conversions just not happening...

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Shopify Community,

I launched my first store about three weeks ago and have been trying out several ad campaigns on FB, and AdWords. The campaigns seem to be performing ok as far as driving traffic (average ~£0.25-0.30 / click), and so far I've had 700+ sessions. Taking it slow as far as ad spend while I work out the kinks and develop my social media profiles to get more organic traffic. 

With 700+ sessions I've had 14 add to carts and only 5 reach checkout, but no actual sales yet. Not sure if there's something deeply flawed with my site, products, sales funnel etc.. Hard to know what to work on when zero sales data. 

Any tips or feedback would be greatly appreciated! www.vertitat.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Will,

With 700 sessions in three weeks, you may need to check if your campaign is targeted enough. Check out this marketing checklist from Shopify: https://www.shopify.com/blog/make-your-first-sale. I’m sure you will find it helpful.

I would suggest that you make your social media links open on a new tab so you don’t drive traffic away from your store.

Love the content on your Facebook page, by the way!

Prices are reasonable and would have loved to purchase a couple of items. Too bad you don’t ship to my country.

Overall, the site looks great and I love the Carbon Checkout option. Congrats!

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much for the feedback!

I've edited the code to make the social links open in a new window - good call. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Love your store! And your products. Everything is presented so well visually and all is well-written. I went through as a shopper and saw one little thing that I'd change. Maybe I'm being picky, but when I clicked on the 'color' dropdown  beside the yoga mat - the picture stayed the same. I know all of the options are shown below the picture of the mat but, as a shopper, when I choose a color or style or whatever, I like to see the main picture change to the one I chose. That way I'm sure I'm ordering the exact one I want. Maybe not so important with a few items to choose from but might make a big difference if you add more styles to the product in the future. Best of luck to you.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for your feedback, gllawson! 
Good catch, it looks like a recent edit I'd made to the site's code made the colour select / photo issue malfunction. 
All fixed now!
Thanks again for taking a look :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 5 37

hello @vertitatstore 

Your site is great + products are just awesome too.

How are you marketing your products Google + Bing + Social ?

Also when you market your products via Google + Bing + Social you need to make sure your ads are setup correctly  and then the optimization needs to be done in-depth to achieve good conversions with better ROI.

Let me know if I can help you further

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Vinod, thank you for the feedback!

I'm using a set of expanded text ads on Google Adwords (3 variations with different copy) which has yielded an average CTR of 0.25% @ £0.29 / Click. 
So far, I haven't used Bing for advertising. 

I also regularly (daily) add content to my FB and IG pages to build organic traffic, but that's obviously a slow process (50 followers on IG, and 75 page likes FB).

Facebook is where I've put the majority (70+%) of my time and ad budget. I've tried using 6 different products from my catalog in conversion-optimized campaigns (goal: add-to-cart) with varying degrees of "success" (although, like I said, no sales). CTR has been between 1.39-2.42% @ £0.23-0.68 / Click. 
My problem definitely seems to be in my advertising strategy. I've spent over £200 on ads, with 20 add-to-carts, 6 reached checkout, and zero ROI. 
In addition to the product campaigns, I've also got a dynamic catalog retargeting campaign for people who have already visited the site. It hasn't had any impressions so far. Also, I tried boosting one of my FB page posts promoting a sale item. It performed ok as far as link clicks go; about average compared to the other product campaigns. 

Anyways, thanks for having a look!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 5 37

Hello @vertitatstore 

Please see my revert in "blue"

I'm using a set of expanded text ads on Google Adwords (3 variations with different copy) which has yielded an average CTR of 0.25% @ £0.29 / Click.
So far, I haven't used Bing for advertising.
You must setup Shopping Campaign in a correct way n Google First. Once your shopping campaign is setup correctly  then you must in-depth optimize your campaigns.

I also regularly (daily) add content to my FB and IG pages to build organic traffic, but that's obviously a slow process (50 followers on IG, and 75 page likes FB).

Just adding the post on FB and Insta Pages is ok. Yes as you said the process is slow. What i suggest is try giveaways on FB and important in audience selection. For Insta create a insta gallery on your website when the time is right so that people who have purhcased can tag a post on your Insta store name and it will reflect on your website.

Facebook is where I've put the majority (70+%) of my time and ad budget. I've tried using 6 different products from my catalog in conversion-optimized campaigns (goal: add-to-cart) with varying degrees of "success" (although, like I said, no sales). CTR has been between 1.39-2.42% @ £0.23-0.68 / Click.

ok.

My problem definitely seems to be in my advertising strategy. I've spent over £200 on ads, with 20 add-to-carts, 6 reached checkout, and zero ROI.
In addition to the product campaigns, I've also got a dynamic catalog retargeting campaign for people who have already visited the site. It hasn't had any impressions so far. Also, I tried boosting one of my FB page posts promoting a sale item. It performed ok as far as link clicks go; about average compared to the other product campaigns.

Google will give you more conversion I have had clients for whom the paid ad conversion( Bing and Google) give conversion for example in $260 ad-spent the conversions value is $700 monthly just from Google and other channels too. This conversions were not overnight but yes it was in just 3 months the conversions jumped from $ 150 to $600 in just 3 months with a budget of just $10 per day.

Let me know if i can serve you for your website campaigns.

Thanks

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
I have the same problem. I boost traffic by sixad and pinterst but nothing os really happening on conversion
0 Likes