Converting Sales

2 0 0

Hello, I've been running my Shopify store for about 6 Months now and I've been having major trouble making sales. I have tons of incentives and referral programs setup as well as discounts and a nice website. Please tell me what I can do to improve my store and my sales! Thank You!

https://www.nrmlclothing.com/ 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 26 31

Hey there, @NRML!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! Your store's looking pretty great so far, and I'd be happy to make some suggestions to see how we can improve the overall user experience.

When I first arrive to your page, the slideshow feels like there's a bit of additional and perhaps unnecessary space under the "Welcome to the NRML Family" subheading. You can either look at changing the slideshow image to something that fills that space, or contact our 24/7 Support Team to see if you're eligible for a customization request to change the sizing of your slideshow image to crop it a little. It looks like you might be using one of our themes so I checked with our Theme Support Team, and it looks like this is likely something within our scope of support. 

The next thing I noticed is that it seems you have an entire Featured Collection on your Home Page. The Home Page is ideal to briefly introduce your brand and display a Collection List and/or a few products - rather than an entire collection. The reason for this is because your visitors will ultimately end up scrolling through the entire Home Page rather than thoughtfully browsing through your products and collections. In fact, it doesn't look like you have any collections currently - just products.

Collections are a great and important way to organize your products. When I click on the "Clothing" menu item at the top of your store, rather than showing me a few collections (ex. hats, shirts, hoodies, pants) to select from, I'm bombarded with an overwhelming variety of products. It's hard for me to search what I'm specifically interested in. To create a collection, you'll want to go into your Admin > Products > Collections and create a collection. You can create them either manually or automatically. Automatic collections are a lot quicker and simpler once you get the hang of it!

Once you've created different collections, it'd be a good idea to create a drop down menu under the "Clothing" menu item. If you sell anything besides clothing, you may be interested in changing the wording to "Shop" rather than "Clothing". You can create a drop down menu in your Admin by going to Online store > Navigation > Main menu. You'll simply need to add menu items and link them to your collections, after which you'll need to drag and drop them underneath the "Clothing" menu item. Feel free to reference this guide, as it'll go into the steps and provide a recording of the process as well.

I also checked out your About Page! I love that you made it personable. The About Us Page is super important for building trust with your visitors and it's a key opportunity for you to convince them why they should purchase products from you rather than someone else. The About page is where you'll want to include who you are, why you are (the "problem" that your visitors are facing), what you sell (the "solution" to their problem"), and what your mission is. When selling apparel, there won't always be an obvious "problem" unless the fabric you're using is special - however, there might be another "problem" you're addressing. For example, I started an apparel store where our overall message was to spread kindness. The "problem" in my scenario is that there's bullying or misunderstanding apparent in all levels of society, and by wearing products with messages promoting kindness we're "solving" that problem. I recommend checking out our How to Write an About Us Page guide to help get you started!

The next thing I looked for is your store policies - shipping policy, return/refund policy, privacy policy, etc. Generally these would be located in the footer, but it doesn't look like you currently have them. No worries! These are quite simply to add by going into your Admin > Settings > Legal. You can generate our templates under each policy section, but I recommend reading through them and ensuring that you're editing anything that doesn't apply to your business - or adding anything you believe should be included in there. Once you've done that, you'll want to go back into Online store > Navigation > Footer menu and add menu items for the different policies. This will link them into your Footer menu for easy accessibility.

I see that you've added the Facebook Messenger to be able to handle incoming instant messages - that's great! It's important to ensure there's an easy way for visitors to have a means of communicating with you. If they have any questions about your products, or are having any trouble completing checkout (perhaps something is broken on your website), you don't want to lose a sale because they were unable to contact you. In addition to making use of the Messenger, I recommend adding a Contact Us page to your store. I would include this in both your Main menu and Footer menu in your Navigation. You can follow the steps in this guide to set up a Contact form.

Once you've made the changes, you'll want to continue working on your marketing to test out how visitors are responding to your store. What have you been doing for marketing up until now? I generally recommend that merchants don't spend money on paid advertisements until they've validated that their products are something that people are interested in purchasing. Until then, focusing on generating organic traffic would be ideal. You can check out our free Grow Your Business with Instagram course in our Shopify Academy, as well as Gary Vaynerchuk's $1.80 Instagram Strategy which has proven successful for several businesses. This guide also touches on other social media marketing strategies you may be interested in checking out. In terms of 'long term' marketing - regularly posting blogs with keywords will increase your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Google. You can learn more about that here.

After marketing for some time, you'll want to check out your Analytics to see how your store is doing. The initial goal we advise to start with is to gain a minimum of 1000 online store sessions in the Last 30 days. Once you've reached this goal, you can take a peek at your conversion rate - the conversion rate percentage won't give us valuable information before you've reached 1000 online store sessions. If you've reached 1000 online store sessions, you'll want to look at having anywhere between a 2-4% conversion rate. If it's less than that, we'll want to take another look as to how you can improve your conversion rate. It could be that the people you're reaching through marketing aren't your ideal target market, or that your storefront needs some more adjusting in order to improve user experience. Don't hesitate to reach back out on forums or our 24/7 Support Team to receive more feedback once you get there.

I hope these tips help! I know there's quite a bit of information here, so please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything you'd like me to clarify or if you have additional questions.

Cheers!

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi NRML! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

I love the name of your brand - very fun and unique. At first glance, it's difficult to establish what you are selling - the images are a little generic; only after scrolling down the homepage I can see you are offering clothing with your own branding. Consider adding more products to your homepage - and start by displaying one of your items at the very top [in the featured hero image]:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 05.17.29.png

This way your visitors will be able to see what you are selling right away, which will help you improve your conversion rate. The image as you have right now doesn't really engage or encourage to click further, which doesn't help your sales. Hope it helps!

Looking for more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Dear NRML,

Congratulations for your store.

Hope Few suggestions will help you:

User Experience:

1. Optimize your page loading speed for Mobile

2. Go for other design

3. Make a logo

4. Add policies pages at footer

Home Page:

Add Collection List
Add Testimonials
Add Popular Products

Product Page

Add Testimonials
Optimize your product page

Other

Use Facebook and instagram Store for more sale

Add Blog Sections

There are other areas you need to work. Need help? please meet our expert here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Hire Shopify Experts | Get Free Store Audit Report
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes