Could I get some feedback on my store?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi everyone, 

I'm in the middle of creating my shopify store and was wondering if someone could give me some feedback on what you think I need to work on in terms of the look and user-friendliness. I'm new to this so any feedback positive would be ever so useful!! I have a domain for my current website but i'd like my shop and my website to be at the same place - but since it's still a work in progress I still haven't transferred my existing domain name to this shop. Hope that all makes sense!

Thanks in advance. 

https://jenni-oh-crafts.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JenniOhCrafts,

First thing first on your Home page, you should feature your product collections instead of products from 1 collection, let show your visitors the broad range of your products, they can easily and quickly find out what kind of products you're selling

storefb.png

There are many ways you can give a quick summary of what product types you offering, you can check them out here.

I also recommend using Homepage template to quickly build one, references here

Hope you find this helpful,

Cheers

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
162 26 78

Hey there, 

Beautiful store! I was delighted to stumble upon it. You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise. Keep up the good work. 

I have a few recommendations for you, I hope my insights will be of help to you. 

1. A logo has the power to invoke an emotional response from buyers. So, I suggest you to create a logo and magnify it for better "visibility and clarity".

2. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page. 

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started. 

4. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand as you add more. This is going to help tie your site together. 

5. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof. 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful. 

Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
147 14 68

Hey @JenniOhCrafts , welcome to Shopify family

I checked your website, and it looks pretty neat and uniformity is maintained - great!! I would like to share a few feedbacks:

1. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.

2.  Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility. 

3. Add Shipping policy at the footer of your page

4. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. 

5. I had noticed a certain UI issue at the footer of your webpage - currency setting was overlapping other texts (attaching image for reference). Please get it fixed.
Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 1.57.27 PM.png
6. Adding product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Low on Stock can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. I have applied this to one of your products (see image).
best seller.png

Do let me know if you need any help, I'm happy to be of assistance.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Jenni

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

2. I would delay the popup I got right after landing on the site.... delay it to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 431

Hey Jenni Oh Crafts,

Keep the following points in mind for perfect store optimization:

• The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • "Terms of Service" and "Privacy policy" are missing from the site footer.
  • Add a unique "favicon" to enhance the site user-experience.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

Well Done, Best of Luck for your store performance!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi Neha, 

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback! I'm going to look at those suggestions in more detail and work on them! 

Jenni

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Thank you Victor! So much to learn but really appreciate the feedback!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Thanks Fayzmo! Really appreciate you taking the time to get back and provide some feedback. Will be working on those things you suggested!

0 Likes