Could anyone give me a little feedback on my store? I am having some decent traffic, but no sales!

OneStopPetShopp
1 0 0

Hi there, I am new to Shopify and to Dropshipping, and this is my second store I have created (the first one was a bust), and was hoping for some feedback?

I mainly get mobile visitors, so my website isn't the best optimized for desktop currently, but I only get about 5 - 10 people per day that use desktop on my site.

I get some decent traffic on my website (80 - 100 people per day), and am running Facebook ads to take my audience directly to the product I am trying to sell. I feel as though I have a decent product page for someone who has never created one before, and was wondering what I can do to improve my page? I was thinking maybe I should change my theme, but I am not too sure.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

0 Likes

Hi, @OneStopPetShopp!

Super cute store! This feedback is coming from desktop.

Some thoughts:

• Love the creative copywriting, the happy photos, the fun colors.
  • "Keep your pup hydrated and happy" is a great description for the water bottle. However, if you want to draw attention to all of your products instead of just one, I recommend just using it in the product description and updating the value proposition to be more inclusive of all the products. Using it as a value proposition could be especially confusing in conjunction with the company name "OneStop PetShoppe" while focusing on only one product.
  • Instead of using a carousel on the home page with photos of dogs, I recommend using a beautiful splash image to showcase pets interacting with the product, like the images that you've got below the fold. The carousel feels distracting because it doesn't add much value the way it's set up for now with just dog photos and three points about the water bottle.
  • I would make it so that reviewers can't leave reviews that are shorter than 150 (or more) characters with spaces, because it's hard to discern if the reviews on the product pages are authentic. Most of the reviews are short, don't display the reviewers' full names, don't display photos of the reviewer, and don't display photos by the reviewer of their pet(s) interacting with the product(s).
  • Incorporate product video reviews to show pets interacting with products.
  • Incorporate live chat.
  • Add an exit-intent pop-up to collect qualitative data on why visitors aren't making purchases.
  • Update "Q: How long is your shipping times?" to either: "Q: How long is your shipping time?" or "Q: How long are your shipping times?"
  • Add photos of pets interacting with products to your Instagram.
  • Why is there free shipping for only a limited time? It feels like this isn't necessarily true and might make potential customers question store authenticity. 

Have a great week!

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
168 12 61

Hello @OneStopPetShopp

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on:

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different or products easily. It also helps you get a feedback about your products.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

Hi @OneStopPetShopp,

This is PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App. When the website gives visitors bad UX with bad UI, it can stop you from making more sales. I would like to give you some recommendations for optimizing your store more. I hope that my commendations are helpful to you. Before that, these are Conversion Rate Optimization Best Practices: 12 Chapter Checklist for you to get more information on how to increase the conversion rate for your store. In general, your store has good images and layout, it might need some changes since it is a little simple. 

1. Homepage 

1.1 Add the sticky menu

PageFly_0-1618812286144.png

When you make the sticky menu, it will help the visitors easily access any links, pages, and functions like search, sign in, cart. The more convenience you give the visitors, the higher the conversion rate can be. It is also a great thing that you put the search bar in a clear shape and visible for people to notice. 

1.2 Add a favicon to your store

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add... 

1.3 Make a clear search box

The search box is an important part of any store. Many visitors will leave your store when they can't find what they want.

Currently, your search element is an icon next to the "Add to cart" button. I recommend you put the search as a search box in the sticky menu instead of the hero banner. You can also think about putting the sign up/log in button if you need the visitors to log in before any purchase.

1.4 Add the ATC button, heading and insert any link to the hero banner

PageFly_1-1618812656147.png

This is where you can make the 1st impression on the visitors so it is important to make the best from it. I recommend you to put a heading and any link to the collection or any pages you want the visitors can click to it. Also, you can put some descriptions to make it more attractive with a standing-out ATC button. Remember to make it consistent in the format of the big ATC button like in this one. You can also make it as 1 slide so people don't need to scroll much to reach your important page. 

1.5 Optimize the "About us" part

PageFly_2-1618813621866.png

People get their deeper understanding of your brand and your store here which is also a place for you to build higher trust. You should add more information on this section, adjust the layout and make an ATC button link to your "About Us" page. 

1.6 Give more information on the products and collection

PageFly_3-1618813839211.png

There are few recommendations for this part:

• Include the information about the products, right now, you don't have any information at all;
  • Make the images the same size and if you want to make the 3 images showing like that, make sure they have equal height;
  • Using the real images for the products and the collection, it would be great if there are any images with the rea case using the products.
  • The button to add to the cart is not clear, make it a button under the price is better;
  • Include any star reviews for the products.

1.7 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can use a slideshow to show testimonials, let consult my Casen template. With the current testimonial right now, you can make it as auto slides and putting some images into that. 

PageFly_4-1618814055249.png

1.8 Have direct links for the Return and Shipping policies

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is essential because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page.

2. Collection page

I choose the page offers to review: https://onestoppetshoppe.com/collections/all

PageFly_5-1618814436774.png

2.1 Add more images that use context

The products should be used in context. You can put the keychains on the things such as bags, put them on the table, or adding the real model images to hold the products.

2.2 Add a customer review section

A review widget is highly recommended on a product page so other customers can see others' feedback. With a review widget, there is a button to encourage customers to leave reviews. As I mentioned above, Loox and Yotpo are good.  

2.3 Add Upsell section

This section can be placed under the product description to show more products. You can name it as You may also like or Frequently Bought Together, Most Recently Viewed, etc so that customers can see other products.

2.4 Consider the pop-up

Since you only have 3 products, you should consider about make a pop-up about the products there since it can interrupt people from making any purchase. 

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3059 177 558

Hello @OneStopPetShopp, I hope you are doing well! Here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- Add policies (privacy, shipping, returns & refund) in the footer menu.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- blog section.

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

- There are no call-to-action buttons on the homepage. You should add call-to-action buttons, it helps to let visitors perform some action.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes