Hyde here from Shopify.
Congratulations on getting your store up and running, and welcome to the platform!
We often get feedback requests on these forums, and there are some common mistakes made by beginners just starting out, which I will list below. However, before I do, I should point out that there appears to be a code error in your header:
Have you made any code edits to your theme yourself? Or added/removed any third-party apps that may have affected your header? Are you using a Shopify free theme or third-party paid theme?
You will want to create an "About Us" page to introduce customers to your new brand. Here's what an About Us page should contain. You will definitely want to create a "Contact Us" page for your store as well to encourage trust from your customers!
When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser:
If you're using a Shopify free theme, you can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:
You may want to put your products into collections, and then connect those collections to the menu on your store so that customers can access them. Here's a video on how to add a product and then place it in a collection.
And here is how you link your collections to your menu for your customers to see, and how you can create nested or drop-down menus.
Here are resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:
I hope this all helps, for now, let me know if you have any other questions!
All the best, Hyde.
Hi @Selforigin !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi @Selforigin welcome to Shopify community
Hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You have a really pretty collection of dresses there.
After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:
1. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be.
2. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also, you can do more target-oriented email campaigns. Also, Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
3. Footer Menu: The footer is an important part of your website because it is displayed on each page. As per resources, some stores have observed up to a 50% increase in conversions when they optimized their website footer design with specific goals. So it can help in improving the credibility of your store.
4. I would suggest a good logo on your website because logos are the foundation of your brand identity and make a strong first impression.
5. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
I hope you're doing great!
I would be happy to solve your problems, Please give me a suitable time to discuss about your issues.
Also, add me over Skype id- live:jennifer.wcoast or Drop me an Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to your response!
Welcome to the Shopify community!
The pros of your website would be the simple design, detail product description and membership marketing strategy you incorporate in your website. This help create better navigation and user experience as customers browse in your website.
Being a brand that helps customer personalize their products I highly recommend you to add a blog page where you can constantly post design ideas and some of your previous customers products to give your customers some inspirations on how they could personalize their product. Furthermore, adding customer testimonials and product review would also be a good idea. This is an effective way to keep your customers on you site if they need to leave your site to do research on other similar product or competitor. It increases your brand image and the reliability of your product and could become a great influencing factor of their decision to purchase.
Furthermore, being a new shop I would l like to recommend you create some budgets for ads to drive more traffic and increase the exposure of your brand. Once you manage to reach your brand to an amount of audience you should set up retargeting campaigns to efficiently boost up sales. Retargeting campaigns allow you to re-engage and remind customer of your brand after leaving your website and offer product and product informations they viewed with different kinds of attractive ad creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. AkoRetargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. Take a look at how you can set up a 14 days campaign in less than 15 minutes here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257b5.
I hope you all the best for your business!