Could someone give me feedback nobody visits my store and I get no customers and my target is skater

Mikewright
1 0 0
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
762 95 247

Hey @Mikewright,

Congrats on launching your store. Sorry to hear your traffic isn't where you had hoped it would be.

Traffic comes in a variety of ways but here are the top three:

1. Organically through your SEO (ie. you show up in search results when a person searches in Google for "Ill Repute Hoodie" or "Skateboard Stickers". Here is how to optimize your SEO so that you are showing up in results:

2. Paid advertising. Ie. You target a specific audience and run paid ads to them through platforms like Google, Facebook, TikTok, etc. You can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

3. You get referral traffic - either someone is linking to your store or you are personally driving traffic through your social media accounts.

I want you to succeed so I am going to give you my honest feedback here. Print on demand tends to work well if you have an existing following of fans that want to wear your merch. If you had created a community around Ill Repute first and then launched your product, you would have that community under you to support you. However, when you are creating a print on demand product with your brand name that very few people know about, it's a hard sell. You wont get organic traffic because your brand is unknown and if you try to go for keywords like "skate hoodie" or "skateboard" stickers, you will get lost in search results next to the big, well-established skate brands. 

screencapture-illrep-ca-collections-3-4-sleeve-raglan-shirts-2021-04-19-09_02_40.png

I know that's bad news but there is good news, you can turn this around. What I'd recommend is immersing yourself in the skate community since that is your target audience (find them on TikTok, on forums, on whatever social platforms they are on) and figure out what words or phrases they use or what images mean something to them and then use that as your design. When you start building and getting sales with those initial trendy/popular designs, you will begin to build a name and community for yourself and that is when you bring in the shirts and hats and etc. with your brand logo on them.

I'd like to help you with your store more so I'd invite you to join a free training we have coming up. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening on April 26 – 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

NikkiElizDeMere
Excursionist
66 6 29

Hi @Mikewright,

Love the look and feel of your store!

A couple of recommendations:

• Add a unique value proposition above the fold on the home page.
  • Consider adding a live chat functionality when you have more traffic.
  • Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to 1) your home page, 2) landing pages, and 3) product pages (rather than just product descriptions) that genuinely connects with your customers.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via co-marketing campaigns, blogging, communities, social media.
  • Add high-res photographs of people actually wearing the products to your product pages.
  • On landing pages (like this one), the images take up a lot of space and therefore these pages require a lot of scrolling. 
  • Gather more social proof in the form of written reviews, video reviews, photos taken by customers (create a unique hashtag and encourage them to use it and tag you on Instagram, etc.).
  • Consider adding PayPal as a payment method.
  • Love the backstory on your About Us page. I'd break up the paragraph a little bit so it's more readable and maybe add a few photographs.
CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.