Could you check out my niche store? Id love some feedback

oldmariner
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi all

I got a unique shop that sells to those that go to sea... called Deepseadreams.com   Id love your feedback!

Thanks in advance!

Keith

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
783 98 252

Hey @oldmariner,

You've got a clear audience/target market in mind, this is great! I've taken a look through your store and I have some feedback for you.

sea-store.png

First, I'd recommend working on your homepage setup. Your decal is the first thing you see but that isn't all you sell so I'd recommend adding in a hero banner that gives the visitor a clear outline of who your store is for and what you sell. This main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

Next, you have two links that say "Go to Masks" and "Go to Tees" I would recommend replacing these images with something that represents masks and tshirts instead.

Here is a video we did on how to set up your homepage for conversions:

I'd recommend looking into alternative products to print on that would give you better profit margins. Tshirts and hoodies tend to be pretty costly and then adding shipping costs on top of that - it doesn't leave much for you. 

When searching, compare Gooten, Printify and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

Once you have settled on your products, you can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

I'd like to help you with your store more so I'd invite you to join a free training we have coming up. We cover why stores get high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and why visitors abandon cart. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening on April 26 – 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3047 176 553

Hello @oldmariner, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

You can also check the performance of our brands with AiTrillion here. Here are some areas of improvement you can work on:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- There should not be this much blank space in the header.

AiTrillion_0-1619260028840.png

You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increases sales and helps in retaining your customers.

What helps you more is to use marketing automation tools that will help in better customer engagement automation. You must set up proper email marketing campaigns, loyalty reward programs, web push notifications, or affiliate programs to increase engagement, to implement this you can install AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
875 98 156

Hi @oldmariner,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on your new store!

It's always exciting launching a business online. And it's clear you've put a lot of work and effort into it, which is great. You're putting effort into your content by way of a blog, and you've got a deep blue color theme going on.

I suppose in relation to the design, I'd suggest that thinking a little more about the significance of the color might be useful. Here is our blog post about customizing your theme, and you'll notice that one bit of advice is to use a color palette that represents your brand and logo.

21-05-6ygvr-p3yef

So my concern is that you're using stark red which doesn't appear in your logo or seem to correspond to the rest of your brand at all:

21-05-5b2nm-h18th

It's fantastic that you have an "About Us" section. I love that your own personal story is in there. However, I've highlighted the section that you really want to focus on too:

21-05-hlrkz-acu31

Your visitors will want to know what it is about your brand that they can relate to. Some will have no experience of the marine industry whatsoever (I for one do not) and yet will have a fascination with being out to sea. So you want to expand on what your designs are about, provide some examples, elaborate on what the sights/sounds/smells and feelings of being out on the water are like! Also, there's no need to include the URL for your website on the About Us page, as your potential customers are already on that page if they're reading it!

Here are a few points to include in your About Us page that I think will help:

21-05-miqq8-by61p

I got them from our guide right here.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes