Could you please give some feedbacks on my website? Thank you!

aeptom
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi everyone, I have been selling on third-party platforms, and recently revamped my Shopify store and started marketing campaigns for the website. So far the conversion hasn't been very satisfactory, and I received many emails from marketing agencies/service providers pointing out issues with my website, with the most recent one stating that my store doesn't look trustworthy. While I really appreciate them looking into my website and offering suggestions, I also feel that their comments may contain a bit of exaggeration as their emails also bear with the purpose of acquiring new business. I saw others posting here regarding shop critiques, and thought It would be great to get feedbacks and suggestions from peers and experienced sellers in this group! Here is my website, thank you all for your time and consideration!

0 Likes

Hi @aeptom 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 90.000 active Shopify merchants.

I have just taken a thorough look at your website and I was so impressed with its outlook. The outlook is quite perfect and the products look so amazing that I want to…  buy all of them. 

Some good points of your website is that:

• You have the favicon that can make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. Well-done!
  • You have a broad selection of different product types featured. A glance over the homepage can indicate the site’s product diversity.
  • Images of high quality

However, I want to make some recommendations so that your store could become more eye-catching and trustworthy:

1. Home page

Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

Adjust CTA button

The “Shop Now” button seems to be small to look at or click on. So I think you should adjust a bigger size for it, and change the colour if possible so that this CTA button can be easily looked at. And there might be a “quotation marks” after “Shop now” and other buttons as well, I think you should remove it.

Make the slideshow auto switching

The slideshow stands still even when I hover the mouse over it. Thus, your customers - when searching on your website - might refer as one product shown in this section only, and they might not click on the “navigation arrow” to explore more.

PageFly_0-1620923456471.png

Add Images when Hovering

You should add some more images when hovering over, so that the customer can know something more about the products/collections, instead of clicking back and forth the website to find out. It will save a lot of time!

And please add a “Buy now” button for the customers to click on it; thus, leading to a higher conversion rate.

PageFly_1-1620923456478.png

Testimonials

You can make these testimonials much more outstanding by changing the colour of the stars into standard yellow, and put the feedbacks into quotation marks “...” so that people know they are real quotes, and your brand trust can be improved.

PageFly_2-1620923456305.png

2. Product Page

I think that these following comments might help:

PageFly_3-1620923456357.png

• Increase the visibility of product prices by using a large font size (similar in size to the product headline), bold text style, or eye-catching colour
  • 3 CTA buttons like this can make the customers confused
  • The up and down arrows inside quantity box are so hard to use because of their tiny sizes
  • Shipping policy should be put under the “Add to cart” button. Instead, the overview should be put ahead.
  • Avoid drop-down menu - Always use swatches to display and select color variations (not drop-downs) and ensure the main product image changes to the selected color.

PageFly_4-1620923456318.png

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to you build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

P/S From 5th May: Distribute PageFly Event: This May 19-20th, we are having C-level E-commerce experts from #Shopify, Recart, vitals, The Dropshipping Council, Easyship and ZAGO to join us in the extraordinary conference: "eCommerce 2021 - To Survive Is To Thrive". 

-> In this event these real experts will guide you from A to Z how to build successful store and provide tips regarding the newest trend in E-Commerce! This is a never-before opportunity where you can get lessons from the best minds in the industry without paying any fee (yes, the treat on us ). Nothing to lose, just gaining from the best minds in the game.

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
878 115 292

Hey @aeptom,

Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on your conversions so far! I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you.

aeptom-01.png

I disagree with whoever said your website doesn't look trustworthy, it does, you've done a great job! There are just a few thing's I'd recommend.

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now".

PRODUCTS
As you know, bedding can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for sheets or a throw pillow in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

For you, you have set yourself apart by offering sustainable home goods at fair price. I would recommend noting that right away in your homepage banner, in your marketing and in the text throughout your store.

IMAGE LINKS
I would recommend linking the images to their individual product pages as well. It's confusing because there is a reaction when you put your mouse over the image but it's not clickable. Having both the title and the image clickable would make it more user-friendly.

screencapture-aeptom-collections-bedding-2021-05-13-09_57_38.png

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time for your free shipping at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
aeptom-02.png

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

This will be especially important since you are coming from Etsy. When you are on Etsy you have a more narrow search pool because people are searching within Etsy to buy from an Etsy seller. With your own store, you are now competing in a much larger search pool.

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

aeptom
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi PageFly team, thank you very much for looking at my website! I am actually already a user of PageFly, although I'm currently using my free quota for the "About us" page not the landing page. Your team has been super supportive and helpful, I would definitely consider getting the plan that unlocks more page customization. 

0 Likes
aeptom
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Ecom Geeks, many thanks for your feedbacks! Those are super good points. I'll reach out via email to discuss more. 

elliothansen
2 0 1

Personally I'd like the button to be much more bigger as well as the font. 

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3434 195 620

Hello @aeptomThanks for posting! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and must say you worked hard to make it live. Here are some inputs from my side:

- According to the research, the color of the call to action buttons should be yellow, orange, green. The grey color won't be effective. Here, you should change the color of these buttons as shown in the below screenshot. Also, change the color of the call to action button in your entire store.

AiTrillion_0-1620974544615.png

- I would say your store definitely looks trustworthy. What's missing is customer engagement. The store should be engaging and interactive to engage the traffic coming to your store.  For that, you need to add customer engagement tools in your store. 

• Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
  • Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.
  • Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
  • You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
  • Missing Offers - You must show the offers and discounts banners on the store to collect emails and convert customers.

Looking for the right & effective apps for your store?

If you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes