Could you please nitpick my store (or tell me if there are any issues)?

Tourist
7 0 1

Hi!

My name is Dima, and 3 months ago I set up my Shopify store/brand. We sell really high quality loose leaf tea exclusively to the Dutch market (our store is highly visual, I think language won't be a big hurdle).

I am hungry for feedback and I wonder how our store looks and feels for you guys! What could we do better?

You can find our store here: Dima's Tea

Cheers, 

Dima.

0 Likes

Hi Dima!

It's always to get some feedback on your store and have that outside point of view. Great looking site and totally Dutch! I'll ask to have my Dutch friend what he thinks. I love how you designed the product images for each tea on the collection page. That action shot of tea flying in the air is great branding. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage. I would have your customer reviews and product higher on the page. I would not lead with my blogs posts.

2. I would read up on how you can make your collection pages stronger for SEO. This could be a great way to have you standout from your competitors

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Tea Of The Month). Pick one tea and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Sell them on buying that tea that month

4. Have only one collection page for accessories. Having the two sub-pages for everything and then one for the mug and kettle is not needed as you only have 5 items in that section. Just the all accessories collection page works fine

Product Page  Feedback

1. Would love to see more product images for each tea. Having 3 - 5 images will help someone decide if they want to purchase. 

2. I would add a bit of white space between "You Will Also Like" section and that pages product...give it some breathing room

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. Have a great day from your first Canadian fan.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
34 4 11

Switch the colour theme of your page from yellow to green -> unconsciously the colour green stands for wellbeing and natural products which goes perfectly with your teas.

Product pictures -> there should be at least 1 picture of a happy person with your tea. Like a person relaxing with a cup of tea in her hand or like a group of people talking with cups of tea in their hands

Don´t show your blog first, start with your bestselling products, then the reviews and then your blog

You can improve a lot on your product texts -> the best would be to use storytelling, something like how your teas help to relax after a long day of work, help relieve a cold during winter (which is coming now) and so on

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Duane,

Thank you so much for your time&your tips! I have found them very useful and have implemented most of them in my store already. Could you explain what you would want to see exactly on the extra product pics? 

Thanks again :)!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey! Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot.

Switching the brand colour is not a good option - we have an Instagram and Facebook that uses our brand colour scheme, so that's not an option anymore...\

I have indeed restructured our site to show our tea before our blog - that's a good one. 

Thank you for your tip about product texts, I have written them myself and I remember making them personal and experience-based, are you referring to a text in particular?

0 Likes

Hi Dima

I would look at what competitors are doing and how you can keep being original with your product images. A few lifestyle images would work. Seeing the tea against filters idea would give me a chance to see the tea in real life. Another image could be the tea in the tea bag/box/tin it will be housed in. Those a few ways you could get more product images for each tea. Please don't forget to click "like" below to let me and Shopify know that you found my feedback helpful. Cheers.

--

Duane

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
435 19 51

Hey Dima, First of all, I would like to appreciate your choice to sell tea. Well, there are tons of online tea stores. You need to convey to your visitors why are you different. Make sure that you’re offering the best selection, prices, and convenience.

Before my suggestions, I would like to ask you a few questions regarding your Shopify store. Like how many visitors do you get on your store on a daily basis? 

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi! Thank you so much for your answer and sorry for my late reply.

I agree with you, there a lot of Tea stores in the Netherlands. We think we have differentiated ourselves enough by personal branding, competitive pricing and a better marketing strategy/customer experience. We get ~30 visitors per day and our conversion rate lies near 2,5%. At the moment we are thinking of launching paid ad campaigns to direct useful traffic to our stores, while we are making content to rank higher in Google.

0 Likes