Critical feedback required for my store please.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi. I am looking for some critical feedback from experienced shopifiers to boost conversion rates on my store www.computermania.co

Got Google Ads running with decent click-through rates but conversions are lower than they should be for a proven product. Bounce rates are also pretty high at around 75% daily.

Please advise on what I can do to boost my conversion rates and also lower bounce rates for my store.

All honest and constructive feedback is welcome

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2694 191 427

Hi David,

Nick here from Shopify.

Really good work on your store so far. You have included a lot of the essential elements of an online store such as a Privacy page, About Us page, a favicon and more. There are some things which I saw which could improve the user experience which will hopefully, in turn, reduce the bounce rates and increase the conversion rates. Let’s take a look at them below:

• The first thing people will see when they visit your store is the homepage images. Having sharp and crisp images here is essential to keeping people on your site and not having them clicking away quickly. While your images are good, there are some improvements that could be made.  There are a few different methods you can apply to have better quality images. Uploading a high quality image from the outset is probably the easiest and most effective method. You could also use the image editor to edit, improve and resize images you have uploaded to your store. The content team at Shopify also wrote a blog post with 10 must know image optimization tips which you can read here.

• What else can you do to show people your expertise, convince them to purchase their software through you and encourage them to stay on your store longer? Something that came to my mind was a blog. As an expert in your space, a consistent blog would not only be a good way of increasing your SEO to be more noticeable, it will also give some people invaluable information. A regular topic could be something such as regular outages or faults which occur and what people can do to fix them or where to go (maybe the place to go is to you). I think you’ve done a fantastic job with your FAQ section and a blog would essentially take that to the next level. There is a great document Shopify created about how to create a successful blog which might offer some inspiration that you can find here. Is there a topic or common theme of something people struggle with which you could add value to here?

• Another way to add legitimacy to your store is by adding the trust seal badges. If you are an authorized seller of the software you are selling a trust seal badge acts as an extra layer of trust which is important especially if you are selling products such as software. Shopify has a guide for adding a security badge but there is also a free app which can add trust badges. Neither are costly in terms of monetary value but can add huge value to trust and professionalism of your store.

I hope this helps and can increase the conversion and reduces the bounce rates for you. Don’t hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about anything.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Overall looks great and trustworthy, perfect for your niche. Consider uploading better quality images into your hero slideshow - some of them are blurry, which might affect your authority and trust as a seller. 

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like