Critique My Shopify Store

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello,

I'd appreciate constructive feedback on my Shopify store. My sales are low and I receive on average about 20 store visits a day. My website is www.dopequeens.com. Thanks in advance!

-Porsha

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi LaPorsha_Campbe, 
I took a look at your online store. You put a lot of effort into making your beautiful and professional website, right?
I would like to give you some feedback to make it better!

1. Homepage

- Add more text/content to your slider or add more sections to show what makes them different from other merchants and why people should buy your product. It is a great way to engage with customers before convincing them to buy your products. 

- Add the Testimonial section to build the trust of customers. Actually, product reviews of others have big impacts on the buying decision of customers. 

2. Product page

- Add the Buy Now button, so customers can click to it and directly go to the checkout page whenever they want. 

qq.png

3. Improve your page loading speed

Your page loading speed on both mobile and laptop is quite low. You can check it via Google Page Speed Insights and find the improvement suggestions. Actually, your site visitors can quickly leave your website without making any sales if they have to wait a long for your page loading.

qq.png

I hope that these above suggestions can help you improve your online store and get more sales <3

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 431

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Dopequeens,

Instead of placing the search bar separately on the top, you can place both the cart and the search bar together at some distance from the main menu to the extreme right of the header. Other keen observations to be noted are mentioned below:

1. Favicon is barely visible. Make it bold and magnified for better visibility.
  2. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  3. "Sale" section needs to be created for all discounted items.
  4. Testimonials need to be added to promote your brand in a better way.
  5. Reviews need to be added below each product to help the customer decide better.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish your store becomes successful in grabbing more traffic and sales with time.

Neha ;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi LaPorscha,

I like the clean and bold look of your homepage. At the moment all of your items are on sale - that can affect your credibility as a retailer.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 08.09.24.png

People might not feel the discounts are genuine, or that they get real knock-off prices. Be very scarce with your discounts, and offer only 10% of products on sale at a time. People will then be more prone to buy items on sale.

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @LaPorsha_Campbe ,

I have noticed a few minor things that you might consider taking.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.

Homepage Design: Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout.  Include trust indicators on homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add ‘offers & discount banners’ on the homepage to engage users.

Featured Images:   The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Use interesting tagline on banner images to captivate user attention.

Call of Action Placement: You need a strong call to action to gain people’s attention and to convince them to act. Try to use good CTA to increase conversion and sales.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Images: Your website images don’t look responsive to many devices.

Adapt Mobile-First Strategy: Make mobile your first priority. Check everything on your mobile-first from structure to design, check each and every element of your website on mobile view as more than 90% of internet use is expected to come from mobile devices only. What I noticed is that page formatting is looking bit mess up  in the mobile view.

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 35%. It should be above 70%. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

spe.jpg

Scroll Back to Top Button: You can create a scroll top button to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience.

I hope you like my feedback!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi Porsha,

I love your website! There is so many pretty colors of lipsticks! Have you tried offering some alternative payment options for customers? I have a small online store and added Klarna so that customers could buy now and pay later in 4 interest free installments. I saw my order value go up since they only pay 25% at time of purchase. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you so much for your insightful feedback. I've taken note of your suggestions and will try implementing them in

@oscprofessional wrote:

Hi @LaPorsha_Campbe ,

I have noticed a few minor things that you might consider taking.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.

Homepage Design: Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout.  Include trust indicators on homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add ‘offers & discount banners’ on the homepage to engage users.

Featured Images:   The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Use interesting tagline on banner images to captivate user attention.

Call of Action Placement: You need a strong call to action to gain people’s attention and to convince them to act. Try to use good CTA to increase conversion and sales.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Images: Your website images don’t look responsive to many devices.

Adapt Mobile-First Strategy: Make mobile your first priority. Check everything on your mobile-first from structure to design, check each and every element of your website on mobile view as more than 90% of internet use is expected to come from mobile devices only. What I noticed is that page formatting is looking bit mess up  in the mobile view.

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 35%. It should be above 70%. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

spe.jpg

Scroll Back to Top Button: You can create a scroll top button to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience.

I hope you like my feedback!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

my store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello,

Thank you! I offer Klana as one of my payment methods. The problem is I can't figure out how to make it obvious that Klarna is accepted at checkout. It blends in with all the other payment methods my store accepts, so unless a customer is really paying attention it can easily be overlooked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you for your feedback! I'm currently running a sale to get rid of all my current inventory and prepare for the Spring. I am considering changing my prices back to the normal rate and offering a coupon code to customers instead. That way it won't appear as if my products are always on sale.

@Rockpapercopy wrote:

Hi LaPorscha,

I like the clean and bold look of your homepage. At the moment all of your items are on sale - that can affect your credibility as a retailer.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 08.09.24.png

People might not feel the discounts are genuine, or that they get real knock-off prices. Be very scarce with your discounts, and offer only 10% of products on sale at a time. People will then be more prone to buy items on sale.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you for your feedback.

0 Likes